Restarting DC207

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restarting DC207

I'm in Portland and about a dozen of us or so want to restart the DC207 group. I have contacted Converge and from what I understand, the group in Auburn is really not active anymore.

Maine only has one area code and if we can get a new POC and make Portland its new home that would be great.

Re: Restarting DC207

DC 207 seems dormant / dead at the moment. Since the group of people that claimed it seem unreachable or at least inactive, we would like to lay claim.

Comment

Do it! I'm passing the keys.. or wand, or.. tool.. or, whatever the hell is needed over to Casey. DC207 has been officially dead for ages, unofficially .. not even aware it was smoldering. Make this thing live!

The fact that it was listed Auburn is an artifact of legacy and partially that it was more central to Augusta/Portland and surrounding at a time when finding interest was challenging. Make it happen wherever 207ers can attend ..

(as for the official website changes / corrections /etc .. TBD pending the administrative qq per TheCotMan in email)
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
        (as for the official website changes / corrections /etc .. TBD pending the administrative qq per TheCotMan in email)
        Blast it all!

I am NOT the DCG coordinator. However, you volunteered for it, and I did mention your name to mods and suggested that you would be a good candidate for this. I've not heard what the results were for new DCG Coordinator so this could be made official and announced. (You would be good at this, and you know many more people at Defcon than I do, you are easy to get along with, and you have run a DCG before.)

Once we have an Official DCG coordinator for all DCG, then we will be able to see this back-log of requests to form all of these different DCG (like this one) can be made official, and your hand-off of control for DC207 to the new organizers can be made official.

I don't get a vote, but if I did, it would be for converge to manage all of the official DCG information and get that updated. You did a great job with us as a mod and admin and in updating the rules after reviewing all of /dev/null, so you would do well at getting all of the DCG information updated.

Comment

Sounds good to me! Thanks converge and CotMan for the information and help. I know that it might be a bit longer before it's "official", but I'm running with it!

Comment

Working...
          X