Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling Terabye Flash Drives are a Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling Terabye Flash Drives are a Go!

To those who have been keeping up with the latest shifts in the Traveling Terabyte Project's new hardware phase, i'm pleased to announce that i got all of the new flash drives, lanyards, and dog tags ordered today.

The final look for this new equipment will be the following color schemes...

... as i mention on the site, i wanted to keep the ACU-style coloring for the drive itself (like the hard disk drives and their cases in the past) but i went with a more MARPAT-inspired look for the lanyards.

i wanted to say again how deeply touched i am by all the folks in the tech community who have supported the project, by getting the word out, suggesting useful hardware, and direct contributions. i plan on making another post to the TTB site at some point detailing the latest donations... some of which were really, really generous.

as always, if you have a friend or loved one overseas and want them to receive a digital care package... please let me know who they are and we'll get things out to their APO or FPO address (or state-side location if their unit is not in active theater or if they're in a hospital, USO center, or other rear-echelon spot)

i am producing 50 of these new Flash Drive models for the TTB... and at 32 GB apiece, that means we're still officially a "traveling terabyte" of content, albeit one that is broken up into segments now.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: Traveling Terabye Flash Drives are a Go!

let me know if there is anyway I can help with the TTB deviant, if you don't mind. ya'll sent it to me in 09 while I was deployed to afghanistan and it boosted everyones morale like crazy!

I personally have around a 2TB collection of goodies, if not a tad more, so if I would need to purchase and send you a HD with all of the material I'd be willing to do that.
    Saving the world one computer at a time...

or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Re: Traveling Terabye Flash Drives are a Go!

Originally posted by b0n3z View Post
      let me know if there is anyway I can help with the TTB
      just by spreading the word and getting more destination addresses, for a start!

and doing anything in your power to see that the recipients actually write back to us and (fingers crossed) send us a photo or two with the TTB so that we can post it.

Originally posted by b0n3z View Post
      I personally have around a 2TB collection of goodies, if not a tad more, so if I would need to purchase and send you a HD with all of the material I'd be willing to do that.
      that'd be great, man. we'll fold lots of it into the archive library. email me and we'll coordinate something.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
      X