IPv6 Drinking Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPv6 Drinking Game

Not the legendary but faded TCP drinking game of yore, but a drinking game based upon the IPv6 stack.

Moderator asks panelist question, if they get it right, they can drink if they want to, if they get it wrong, they must drink.

Person with the least drinks wins prize TBD.

Person with the most drinks gets the most free beer.

Every one wins!

Re: IPv6 Drinking Game

I'm sure you can ask whatever IPv6 questions you want at the TCP/IP Drinking Game.

I'm the guy who showed up and asked a bunch of questions about SCTP. Whatever... IPv6 is certainly "on topic"
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
      I'm sure you can ask whatever IPv6 questions you want at the TCP/IP Drinking Game.

I'm the guy who showed up and asked a bunch of questions about SCTP. Whatever... IPv6 is certainly "on topic"
      I was not at Defcon last year... was there a TCP/IP drinking game last year?

It looks like the last time I made a forum for this event was Defcon 16.

If this contest has not been around for a while, you (renakuzar) may want to try to contact the people that originally ran the "TCP/IP Drinking Game" to see if they plan on bringing it back, and if not, ask if you can take it over. (Though asking to take over an existing event is not required, it really helps to avoid drama when it is done, and is good for respect or at least a kindness in consideration. It also help decrease the risk of redundancy in contests/events.) With the blessing of the people that previously ran the contest, they may give you contacts with people to put on the panel, and give you ideas on things they have tried in the past, and let you know what worked for them. Getting this information would be in your interest.

If after you do the above and decide to run this, decide where you would like it to run, and ask the appropriate person for resources. Historically, this has been in the speaking tracks, so Nikita would be the person to talk to for space in the speaking track. If she says otherwise, do what she says. However, if I were going to run this, and this was to be targeted for a speaker-track, I would submit the idea as a "paper" in the "Call for Papers" which has been open for about a week. It would probably be a good idea to describe how you would plan to run it, how you would get the booze, prizes, etc, who you would be able to put up on the panel, and how you would make it interesting, fun or at least something the audience would want to see. (Your idea would be competing against other ideas that want to use the same speaking space.) It would be good to explain how you would deal with the "under-21" people if you would want them on your panel, or in your game. You should also specify what resources you would want and how long you would want to run the event. How many microphones will be needed? Will you need data-projector video feeds? how many different feeds? Will you need power for any kind of buzzer? audio connection for laptop audio-out for sound-effects? etc. If you think you might need something, don't assume it will be there if you never ask for it. Once you have resources and an okay to run a contest or event, then you would need to generate interest in your event to encourage people to attend. (You don't want to use logic from a bad sit-com on making a new TV program: A: "Let's put this on TV!", B: "But why would people watch it?", A: "Duh. Because it is on TV!")
      Last edited by TheCotMan; March 4, 2011, 14:33.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
        If this contest has not been around for a while, you (renakuzar) may want to try to contact the people that originally ran the "TCP/IP Drinking Game" to see if they plan on bringing it back, and if not, ask if you can take it over. (Though asking to take over an existing event is not required, it really helps to avoid drama when it is done, and is good for respect or at least a kindness in consideration. It also help decrease the risk of redundancy in contests/events.) With the blessing of the people that previously ran the contest, they may give you contacts with people to put on the panel, and give you ideas on things they have tried in the past, and let you know what worked for them. Getting this information would be in your interest.
        )
        I've contacted Neil, who ran it in 2008. I can't find any reference to it since. Thanks much for the suggestions/advice.

Comment

I've always liked the TCP/IP drinking game, but with v6 here it is a good time to revive and grow the contest. Just have a plan in place for audience participation and fact checking answers!
          PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by renakuzar View Post
            I've contacted Neil, who ran it in 2008. I can't find any reference to it since. Thanks much for the suggestions/advice.
            If you still want to go forward with this, could you please let me know? You will still need to arrange for space for this as a content and bring together people to participate and run this contest.

You might try submitting a talk in the "Call for Papers" and describe your contest and how it would work.

If you say you will do all of these things, I can make a forum for this event on the expectation that you will follow-through with the planning to make it happen. However, I'll check with Nikita in June, and if there is no sign of this, or no approval, I would close the forum.

What do you think?

Comment

Working...
            X