CD\DVD burning help needed - Wednesday prior to con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD\DVD burning help needed - Wednesday prior to con

So.. it has recently come to my attention that we are likely going to burn the CON DVD's on site right before the show.

logistics being covered... but I would like to get a few folks that are in town early to lend me a hand. Need a few folks since it will be shift work.. no need to have you work the whole day and miss out on..whatever brought you to town early.

BUT if you are in town early (wednesday morning\afternoon) and want to earn points with me.. let me know.

TW

Re: CD\DVD burning help needed - Wednesday prior to con

Will I get a free room at Rio? Just joking (but... if you don't mind, LMAO) I just booked my flight and hopefully will reach Wednesday morning, I wish to help. I will confirm later so you can be sure.
    Welcome to the Eternal Return

Comment

I might be able to help out a bit. Let me know what times - planning to hit B-Sides, but can do very early morning or late afternoon.

Comment

I just ordered the burners today, and we need to decide if we go with a CD or a single layer DVD this year, I want to try a DVD, but fear we won't be able to fill the disk with cool stuff.

Anyone want to help suggest links to content that would make sense? Videos from past cons, peoples con pictures, etc. I was thinking of the audio of last years talks, etc.
        PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

I live in LV and likely could get some time to help you out.

Comment

When, where, and for how long? I'll be in town starting SUN to hit Black Hat trainings on MON/TUE, and WED is my only "nothing security-related planned" day.

Comment

We will be in town on TUE night, we can help on TUE night or WED early morning.

Comment

As far as additional contest goes, it would be great to put videos from previous years. Could be just most popular talks, something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                  fear we won't be able to fill the disk with cool stuff
                  there's always the potential for a "best of" DEFCON Filler directory. if you come up at all short, tell me the outstanding capacity and i'll set you up in no time. (i can, at your discretion) keep it slightly more SFW.)
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Would there be any interest in an e-book version of the the DC program flyer?

I'll have my Kindle with me and would love to be able to browse the program flyer while I'm figuring out the next talk to go to.

A searchable electronic version would be great! I'll work on producing one if there's interest.

Comment

I'll be in town Wednesday afternoon. Should be on-site and available to help about 5PM LV time. I'd be happy to lend a hand. Just let me know where to meet up and what to bring.
                      An object at rest, cannot be stopped!

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                        there's always the potential for a "best of" DEFCON Filler directory. if you come up at all short, tell me the outstanding capacity and i'll set you up in no time. (i can, at your discretion) keep it slightly more SFW.)
                        +1 .. filling 4.29g should be easysauce in 2011

while :
                        do
                        echo nyan\ >> /dev/cdrom/secrets-of-life
                        done
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Testing, testing..still on board to help. This is crafton from the the twitters. Less something changes, I'll be hitting the hotel on the third at 4:30-ish

Comment

thanks all... those that want to help... find me at the Rio registration (conference hall - NOT hotel) Wednesday ...

TW

Comment

still trying to figure out my ride, but I can probably be in Vegas by Wednesday afternoon/evening, if you still need help at that time
                              It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

Working...
                              X