Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late registration? [Schedule for DC19?, Reg Desk Hours for DC19?]

Hi!

it will be my first time at defcon and I am wondering if arriving on Saturday I will still be able to get a badge. Unfortunately I couldn't convince my manager to take days off and I don't want to make the trip and finally not been able to get in.

Is there any kind of quota in the number of badges? Or is there maybe a deadline? I found a older post about defcon 12 saying that registration would close Saturday 12PM, is that still the case?

Thank you very much for the help!

Re: Late registration?

Originally posted by yowie View Post
    Hi!

it will be my first time at defcon and I am wondering if arriving on Saturday I will still be able to get a badge. Unfortunately I couldn't convince my manager to take days off and I don't want to make the trip and finally not been able to get in.

Is there any kind of quota in the number of badges? Or is there maybe a deadline? I found a older post about defcon 12 saying that registration would close Saturday 12PM, is that still the case?

Thank you very much for the help!
    Historically, Defcon has run out of badges, but provided a token for a badge which works for entry into the con.

Though we are at a different hotel, previous years schedules gives some hints at how things will run in future years.

https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-1...-schedule.html

Visit above URL and see these lines:

[THIS IS ALL INFORMATION FOR LAST YEAR:]
    Thursday, July 29th [2010, For Defcon 18]
    08:00 - 22:00
    Registration at Royale Registration Desk
    Friday, July 30th [2010, For Defcon 18]
    Saturday, July 31st [2010, For Defcon 18]
    Sunday, August 1st [2010, For Defcon 18]
    08:00 - 12:00

Notice how last year, badges (or a token in place of a badge) was scheduled for sale on all 4 days?

Now, you can't be 100% sure until you see the schedule, and even after you see the schedule since Defcon goons can't control all possible things that could interfere with a schedule, but they do a pretty good job of doing what they say they will. (What I mean by this? Fire marshal can shut down an event that exceeds capacity, for example, or require an inspection before allowing a convention to proceed.)

Scheduling is not my department, but the people involved with it have been really busy, and probably won't comment on when it will be available until it is available.

Best guess for where/when a schedule will be posted?

First, it would likely be linked from this page, top, center, "navbar," which presently says, "No Data."

https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-19/dc-19-index.html

Next, I would guess in 1 to 2 weeks something will likely appear. Better guess? in 6 to 8 days.

This is only based on past history and experience, nothing else.

Comment

Thank you very much for the detailed information, I appreciate it!

I am very excited about DefCon since its my first time so I will cross my fingers and hope to get a badge/token Saturday.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by yowie View Post
        Thank you very much for the detailed information, I appreciate it!

I am very excited about DefCon since its my first time so I will cross my fingers and hope to get a badge/token Saturday.

Thanks again!
        Well.. if you arrive after 10pm.. you will have to wait until Sunday morning to get whatever badge we have left. The Reg staff likes to have fun too...so I am running REG the same times as always. HARD stop 10pm.

You really do not NEED the badge until sunday anyways...

I honestly 'believe' we will have enough regular badges this year...and not have to resort to the 'backup' badges..

TW

Comment

Working...
        X