Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SushiCon in place of Toxic BBQ (Thurs Evening)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SushiCon in place of Toxic BBQ (Thurs Evening)

If you would like SushiCon to make a return to Defcon, visit this thread
    https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=12370
    and vote for a Sushicon location.

I've exchanged a few messages with GM1 who hosted it in the past
    and got the OK to schedule it for Thursday evening since the Toxic
    BBQ was cancelled.

If it looks like enough people are interested I will make it happen..

Re: SushiCon in place of Toxic BBQ (Thurs Evening)

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
    If you would like SushiCon to make a return to Defcon, visit this thread
    https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=12370
    and vote for a Sushicon location.

I've exchanged a few messages with GM1 who hosted it in the past
    and got the OK to schedule it for Thursday evening since the Toxic
    BBQ was canceled.

If it looks like enough people are interested I will make it happen..
    We spoke elsewhere about this, but I'll say it here for the enlightenment of others that may not know:

This late in the game, Pyr0 has published the RFI for contests/events, so control on which contests/events are to be added (read: get a forum) are his, or nikita, or DT's to control, and the forums will follow those decisions.

Every year, BEFORE there is a call for RFI, I am happy to make forums for contests/events for contests or events that have been previously approved, when organizers say they intend to bring them back the following year. This does notmean they don't have to submit RFI to Pyr0 when the time comes, but it does allow for people to plan and discuss the contest or event until Defcon goons are ready to plan the following con.

Thanks for understanding... the forums follow the decisions of people in Defcon departments. It is not the forums job to control anything except the content on the forums. (It is all about respect for goons in their departments and decreasing the risk for drama. :-)

Mantra: Responsibility follows control; decouple these at your own peril.

Back to topic, it is good to hear SushiCon may be coming back. A determination on who may or may not be able to go, and their interest in it will depend on the location of this. I think a few places in Las Vegas have been mentioned on the forums as locations to eat sushi. Do you have a location proposal, or several as a choice?
    Last edited by TheCotMan; July 16, 2011, 19:00.

Comment

Working...
    X