Hotel Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Issues

There was no price list for the items in my wet bar.

I called the operator and she said it should be posted on the wet bar.

I checked again. It wasn't.

I called Housekeeping. They said they would send it up with a runner. I said that was not necessary and that the maid could bring it up the following morning when she cleaned.

She said that was no problem and would run it up anyway. I asked that they just slip it under the door.

A few minutes later I got a call (from the from desk I assume) asking me all manner of questions. I said I just needed a price list for the wet bar.

He asked what I wanted the price of. I said the Pringles can, a coke, or beer and some such. I could not see everything in the wet bar from where I was standing and I did not see the sense in listing everything.

He said he heard people in my room. I said I was listening to the Conference. He asked me my age and how many I had in my room and my age. I said I was the only one in the room and I was 52.

He said he couldn't give out the price list with minors in the room. This made no sense to me because the price list is supposed to be posted on the wet bar thus anyone including minors could have access to it.

This went on and on. I said all I needed was a price list for the wet bar at this was ridiculous and hung up.

All during this conversation, I was very calm and asked every question.

A few moments after I hung up, the phone rang again. A new person called and said he listened to the conversation and thought I was rude to the other person. I said I wasn't.

He asked me all manner of questions. Somehow he wanted to know what I do. I said I was a public school teacher and wanted the price list for the wet bar.

He asked why a school teacher would be at a hacker conference (I said it was none of his business) and said I should leave.
    He said their computer was down and was very frustrated because the hotel network had been hacked. He seemed to take it out on me.

I said that this was ridiculous and all I needed was a price list for the wet bar and hung up,

I am very polite and kindhearted. You can ask any of the dealers in the poker room as well as the players.

I am afraid to leave the room for dinner for fear of being locked out or having my stuff put in the hallway.

What should I do?
    Last edited by seramai; August 5, 2011, 16:21.

Re: Hotel Issues

Let a goon know.

Comment

Take a look at my thread, I am willing to bet good money on the call back being a prank call.

Comment

Originally posted by micros View Post
        Take a look at my thread, I am willing to bet good money on the call back being a prank call.
        You may be correct. I did think of that; however, it seemed too closely related.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
          Let a goon know.
          I kept it low key. I went about my business the next day and experienced no problems.

Comment

The walls and doors in this Hotel are rather thin, even by hotel standards.

Most likely the people in the rooms around you could hear your original call to the front desk, figured out what room # you were in, and called you back to give you a hard time.

Just be thankful they were not talking about calling the authorities to take your children away from you...

Next year I will be bringing phone recording devices with me.

I am rather disappointed in the Rio's "inability" to track down room to room calls.

Comment

One thing I encountered:

I left my room at 1030am on Sunday morning to drop my suitcase off at the Vendor room.
              I had to go back to my room after that, and when I went back up to my room, the maids had already started cleaning it and the door was open.

They told me I had already checked out. Uh. NO. I still have my room for like 30 minutes, thank you. Apparently, never mind the Do Not Disturb sign still on the door.

I went to the front desk to check out and was told that since it was "around the check out time" that if the maids come into your room and find it empty (i still had some paper odds and ends, but not like clothes or anything) then it's their right to declare "checked out" and start cleaning.

*shrug*
              ======================================
              DJ Jackalope
              dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
              ======================================

Comment

I'm really glad I stayed off-site now; it means less drinking but if it means avoiding the shenanigans then it was well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinDMG View Post
                  I'm really glad I stayed off-site now; it means less drinking but if it means avoiding the shenanigans then it was well worth it.
                  Well that might be true.

However, DC TV in the rooms was AWESOME!

Comment

Ok so I fail to see how so many people had issues. I had NO issues what-so-ever at the rio with anything other than pricing being a bit crazy for food and such.
                    Saving the world one computer at a time...

or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                      One thing I encountered:

I left my room at 1030am on Sunday morning to drop my suitcase off at the Vendor room.
                      I had to go back to my room after that, and when I went back up to my room, the maids had already started cleaning it and the door was open.

They told me I had already checked out. Uh. NO. I still have my room for like 30 minutes, thank you. Apparently, never mind the Do Not Disturb sign still on the door.
                      So I had that exact concern when I was loading up my car Sunday morning. It was almost checkout time and I left the room with 2 suitcases in it, and wondered if when I came back the maid would already be in there. They were only 2 doors away from my room at that point.

Luckily I made it out before they maid it in.

Comment

Originally posted by micros View Post
                        that would be hilarious

Comment

Working...
                        X