Taxi Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi Rates

i was wondering what to expect a taxi ride fomr the airport to the alexis will run. also my flight getsin at 6:10pm on thursday if anyone will be there around the same time and wants to share..

-Psy

Re: Taxi Rates

Originally posted by psyiode
    i was wondering what to expect a taxi ride fomr the airport to the alexis will run. also my flight getsin at 6:10pm on thursday if anyone will be there around the same time and wants to share..

-Psy
    I am coming in with DR2K2 a lot later, but here is a link for fare info:
    http://www.smartpages.com/cityguides...as/trans.jhtml

AREA AIRPORT

McCarran International Airport
    (702) 261-5211
    (702) 261-3111 - TDD

TAXI SERVICE
    Fares are usually calculated according to time and mileage accrual. The standard surcharge is generally $2.20; expect to pay $1.50 for each additional mile thereafter. Fares originating at the airport are subject to an additional airport tax.
    The fare from the airport to downtown Las Vegas averages between $16 and $20; fares to the Strip average between $9.50 and $13. A 10 to 15 percent tip, in addition to the accrued fare, is customary.

ABC Union Cab
    (702) 736-8444
    Ace Cab
    (702) 736-8383

Desert Cab
    (702) 386-9102
    Western Cab
    (702) 736-8000
    Whittlesea Taxi
    (702) 384-6111

Yellow Checker Star Cab
    (702) 873-2000

HOTEL SHUTTLE SERVICE
    Many area hotels provide complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your hotel for details. If complimentary service is not provided, Gray Line shuttle is a reasonably priced alternative; the fare is $3.75 for travel from the airport to hotels along the Strip, $4.75 for downtown hotels, $6 for outlying hotels. Call (702) 384-1234 for reservations.

BUS & TROLLEY SERVICE

Citizens Area Transit (CAT)
    (702) 228-7433
    (702) 455-5997 - TDD
    The buses operate on 21 routes throughout the city. Regular line service is available from 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.; the adult fare for one way travel is $1. Service between downtown and the Strip is available 24 hours a day at a rate of $1.50 per trip. Exact change is required when boarding. For paratransit services, call (702) 228-4800.

Greyhound Bus Lines
    200 S. Main St.
    (702) 382-2292 and (800) 231-2222
    (800) 345-3109 - TDD
    National intercity bus line with daily scheduled passenger service between Los Angeles and Las Vegas, with connecting service to other U.S. destinations. Call for pricing, promotion and ticketing information.

Las Vegas Strip Trolley
    (702) 382-1404
    (702) 366-0872 - TDD
    Trolley service is available along the Strip and from the Strip to the downtown/Fremont Street area from 9:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. The trolleys are privately operated and travel along the same route followed by the Strip buses, servicing all major hotels every 15 to 30 minutes. The fare is $1.30 per person; exact change is required.

RENTAL CAR COMPANIES
    Major car rental companies may discount their standard rates up to 30 percent if a reservation is made at least 24 hours in advance, the car is rented for a minimum number of days and the rental is prepaid.

Alamo
    (800) 327-9633
    Avis
    (800) 331-1212

Budget
    (800) 527-0700

Dollar
    (800) 800-4000
    Enterprise
    (800) 325-8007
    Hertz
    (800) 654-3131

National
    (800) 227-7368

Thrifty
    (800) 367-2277

SHUTTLE & LIMOUSINE SERVICE
    Travelers commonly share limousine rides from McCarran Airport; the fare averages $3 to $4 per person for service to hotels along the Strip, $4 to $5 for service to downtown area hotels. Private service is also available. Contact the individual carriers for specific rates and special services. Reservations are recommended.

Bell Transportation
    (702) 739-7990
    Gray Line Airport Shuttle
    (702) 384-1234

Lucky 7 Transportation
    (702) 641-7760
    Presidential Limo
    (702) 731-5577
    Rancho Limousine Service
    (702) 645-7634

Ray and Ross Transport
    (702) 261-3230 and
    (800) 338-8111

Comment

You can find anything from limos to taxis and shuttle van's just outside the airport. I think $20 to anwhere on strip is about right, but it's been a couple years since I was last out there.

Comment

I am not sure if the AP has a shuttle to/from the airport, but depending on how much luggage/equipment you have, you can take a shuttle to one of the hotels that are close (Amerisuites/Hard Rock etc) and walk across the street to the AP.
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

anyone know what the cost for the limos are?

like if a few buds wanted to grab a limo from the AP to say one of the bars/clubs/strip joints... you konw show up in style etc

:)

i thougth the limos in vegas were pretty cheap
          Livin it up in the digital metropolis known as Tokyo.
          Tokyo's 2600 web page: www.tokyo2600.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dented-Halo

---snip---
            SHUTTLE & LIMOUSINE SERVICE
            Travelers commonly share limousine rides from McCarran Airport; the fare averages $3 to $4 per person for service to hotels along the Strip, $4 to $5 for service to downtown area hotels. Private service is also available. Contact the individual carriers for specific rates and special services. Reservations are recommended.

Bell Transportation
            (702) 739-7990
            Gray Line Airport Shuttle
            (702) 384-1234

Lucky 7 Transportation
            (702) 641-7760
            Presidential Limo
            (702) 731-5577
            Rancho Limousine Service
            (702) 645-7634

Ray and Ross Transport
            (702) 261-3230 and
            (800) 338-8111

Comment

like if a few buds wanted to grab a limo from the AP to say one of the bars/clubs/strip joints... you konw show up in style etc

I remember 2 year ago when i was at the Holiday Inn Emerald we had Free limo to the strip or to the airport...
              /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Thanks for all the info...and i was about to make a coment about blackwave not responding to this thread yet but i then noticed that he was the first to respond lol..
                -psy

Comment

Originally posted by psyiode
                  Thanks for all the info...and i was about to make a coment about blackwave not responding to this thread yet but i then noticed that he was the first to respond lol..
                  -psy
                  nice to be noticed... ;)

Comment

Now should I presume that all this info is available at the airport somewhere? Or will the high priced taxis take us for a ride while the cheaper limo sits there unnoticed?

Comment

Dude...there is a nudie bar almost right across the street form the AP. I would suggest walking, not paying for a limo.

Comment

So the nudie bar provides limo service from the airport?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                          So the nudie bar provides limo service from the airport?
                          Probably...but reading is fundamental..and he asked about a limo from the AP to a nudie bar.

Comment

Ah got it. Once I get to the hotel I'm set, taxis ought to be easy form that point on. I never did notice a strip joint in walking distance from the AP, maybe the Strippercons totally got me disinterested.

Comment

It isn't right across the street. It is actually across the street from that little grocery/liquor/subway/pizza joint. Has a big sign with chicks on it. Provides valet parking. Too high class for my blood.

Comment

Working...
                              X