Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDMA/LTE phones hacked at defcon (all of them....)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDMA/LTE phones hacked at defcon (all of them....)

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2011/Aug/76

confirm/deny?

I did notice the battery thing on my phone. I hope they didn't steal all those girls phone numbers I have in this thing :-(
    Network Jesus died for your SYN

Re: CDMA/LTE phones hacked at defcon (all of them....)

Originally posted by bjaming View Post

confirm/deny?

I did notice the battery thing on my phone. I hope they didn't steal all those girls phone numbers I have in this thing :-(
    I will attest to very SLOW sms issues. I doubt I was at risk.. I use my phone for.. well, talking, and sms only. (never click on links, or browse the web with it.. even when NOT at defcon)

I will be interesting to see data dumps later...

TW

Comment

I believe it to be true based on 'issues' with a number of phones which resolves once I was approx a mile away from Rio. Bars jumped, calls dropped, and issues with data transfer.

Originally posted by bjaming View Post

confirm/deny?

+++ Dallas +++

Comment

I'm not sure if it is true or not. I did experience some slow downs with 3G, but my 4G was faster than when I am at home. I have experienced the same slow downs on 3G anytime I have been at a conference, sporting event, or any place with large amounts of people all trying to use their phones.

Comment

This is the FUDiest FUD in the history of FUD.
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            This is the FUDiest FUD in the history of FUD.
            I'm hoping so, but still.

I noticed a major drop in my download speeds on WiMax.

I originally attributed it to so many of us tech geeks in one spot that there was probably just to much demand on Sprint's infrastructure. But there are two things that still concern me about it... First, that supposedly some phones were vulnerable with no user interaction at all, and second ... well ... Even if user intervention were required ... I kinda lost six hours in a defcon level blackout drunken stuper ... I may have had a momentary (6 hour) lapse of judgement.

Sprint is pretty much claiming to have no knowledge of it. Personally I think their PR department is just trying to keep it hushed.

Comment

I experienced the SMS lag. Didn't experience anything during or find anything in post con packet analysis to indicate that there was anything askew with my 4g usage. Granted I only logged a couple of sessions, but I too will be interested in seeing a dump.
              "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

People jerking with the freqs v successful mitm attack vector is a pretty big jump. My understanding is that the former was occurring. In addition, the natural clusterfucking of the network by sheer volume is not uncommon. eg. prior PAX adventures uncovered that some of the networks intentionally throttled traffic to permit some sense of tower sanity rather than add capacity for temporary oversubscription due to an event.
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

When I got to work the Tuesday after Defcon my account was locked out. Seems there were LOTS of logon attempts from a T-mobile connection in Las Vegas on Monday morning after Defcon. I use three part authentication so while my username is easy to guess and password 2nd easiest, the cracker never did have my physical portion of the authentication process.

Nice to know the system works!

Comment

Working...
                  X