Thank yous (and Boos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank yous (and Boos)

I keep waiting for someone else to start this, and I give up.

The only Boo I have is to me, for setting my phone down on Friday, and losing it.

Thank you to whoever the anonymous person is who picked it up, and carried it around, and then turned it in to Dispatch/Lost and Found on Sunday, in time for me to turn in the loaner, and continue on with life.

Thanks to the folks who did the signage this year. It made things VERY easy to find, even when you're built as low to the ground as I am.

Thanks to all those who went out of their way to say hello one last time. I'll miss people, but I will not miss the traveling, or Vegas, or 10,000 plus random strangers who were ALL in my way.

A side note to whoever had the phone. If you looked at or copied the contacts, understand that the fun TLA contact information is ten years out of date. Other than not really knowing whether the data was copied off the phone, it was unmolested, and I'm extremely lucky.

There's probably a lot more, but that's a start.

[Edit] Thank you to everyone in Dispatch, including the kind hearted person who helped me to adjust to the old style loaner phone (nothing like ten+ years of crackberry, and now android, to make me stupid). Thank you to everyone in Dispatch for being so patient, and kind.

I've said it elsewhere, but thanks to every single Goon I came in contact with, and my wooden nickels are all going in the box with all the important Defcon mementos. I'll drink a nice cup of Ethiopian tomorrow morning in your honor.

Re: Thank yous (and Boos)

BTW I picked up the shirts, and shipped them home! Should be with me again shortly!

Originally posted by shrdlu View Post
    I keep waiting for someone else to start this, and I give up.

The only Boo I have is to me, for setting my phone down on Friday, and losing it.

Thank you to whoever the anonymous person is who picked it up, and carried it around, and then turned it in to Dispatch/Lost and Found on Sunday, in time for me to turn in the loaner, and continue on with life.

Thanks to the folks who did the signage this year. It made things VERY easy to find, even when you're built as low to the ground as I am.

Thanks to all those who went out of their way to say hello one last time. I'll miss people, but I will not miss the traveling, or Vegas, or 10,000 plus random strangers who were ALL in my way.

A side note to whoever had the phone. If you looked at or copied the contacts, understand that the fun TLA contact information is ten years out of date. Other than not really knowing whether the data was copied off the phone, it was unmolested, and I'm extremely lucky.

There's probably a lot more, but that's a start.

[Edit] Thank you to everyone in Dispatch, including the kind hearted person who helped me to adjust to the old style loaner phone (nothing like ten+ years of crackberry, and now android, to make me stupid). Thank you to everyone in Dispatch for being so patient, and kind.

I've said it elsewhere, but thanks to every single Goon I came in contact with, and my wooden nickels are all going in the box with all the important Defcon mementos. I'll drink a nice cup of Ethiopian tomorrow morning in your honor.
    AMFYOYO

Comment

HHV - A big Thank You to S-Box, Gigs, and Michael for their help and patience with someone who's never done anything with digital circuits before. It was great to be there as a total n00b when it comes to circuits and have people be kind and helpful. This was my first DefCon, so I had no idea what to expect. This was great!
      The quickest path to failure is not to try.

Comment

Thanks to all the Goons who helped me during my nasty Ghost Pepper reaction from the Hot Sauce Contest @Track 3 & 4 Hall. You guys are at the highest echelon of badassery!

Thanks to all in Dispatch who are the most kind to have supplied the milk to kill the fire in my abdomen.

Thanks to DT for thinking of the espresso machine (last minute from what I have been told in Dispatch) that was required that provided the milk to quell said fire.

Thanks. to the guys in Dispatch who dubbed my new handle HOTSAUCEGUY.

And to all involved @DC19 keep the good times going.

NO BOOS TO REPORT other than the ghost pepper extract nastiness.....blech! never again

Comment

Much thanks to the Goons especially after the silliness I managed to get myself into Saturday. In particular thanks Cy, you saved my bum and you know it.
          Highlight of the Team Random Dude Generator coming in second place in Crash and Compile in spite of being put on the spot. Oh, and the guys on stage taking their shirts off (win for Team Distraction imho).
          No boos - you can't boo any issue that you get yourself into.
          Much thanks to DT and everyone else who make DefCon happen. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Agent X View Post
            BTW I picked up the shirts, and shipped them home! Should be with me again shortly!
            Yeah, Dispatch said you were happy to see them, and that's good enough for me. :-D

There will be no shoot shirts in them, by the way. I found a home for them in Florida, and they will be loved until they disintegrate. That collection included at least one OpenBSD size 5X (I thought it would be nice for a nightgown, but it was just too big).

Sorry to have missed seeing you in person, of course.

Comment

I have a lot of Thank You's this year - to start - Pyr0 and the Contest Goons - You guys are simply amazing at herding us cats. Although it seemed as everything was going wrong that could go wrong, in the end you guys make it all work.

My personal thanks to all of those who stepped up to help bring back the Wireless Village after a 2-year absence. Rick Mellendick, Jabra, Mister_X, Georgia Weidman, Larry Pesce, Vivek Ramachandran,Michael Ossmann, and Dan Kinedinst. Who knows, I may try and do this again next year.

My profound thanks to DCFluX for having the foresight to bring an exam kit with him so we could in fact have the exams. To JonM for once again taking the lead to ensure the exam paperwork was all in order and getting it turned in. Lst but not least thanks to and all the other VE's - NJ8F, N5QJ N0RMZ, NK1B, and K3QB who stopped by and chipped in to make the HAM Radio Exams a huge success.
              DaKahuna

Comment

Working...
              X