HackerCon calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HackerCon calendar

There has been plenty of on-again, off-again talk about this in the past... but now some folk have come together and officially started maintaining a dedicated Hacker Con calendar.

Little did i know, some folk in the past have been actually using my personal schedule as a sort of hacker con guide, etc. I do get to a lot of events, but come on... there's plenty more that deserve to hit your radar! So we hope that this new calendar will be a useful resource.

The response has been great already, and with some tweaking I hope this can turn into something even more useful. As i mentioned earlier on the HackerCons twitter account, we could seriously benefit with something of a proper backend. Right now, folk are just sending me emails and i'm manually inputting items. I'd really like it if people were filling out a CGI-powered form which would drop entries (if they included all required fields) into a list of some sort. Then, folk with admin rights could log in and green light certain items via a web interface.

That is my ultimate vision (heh, maybe even with a tie-in to a Twitter Bot, etc!) but for now we're happy with the simple and easy to use calendar. If you think you can help with the bigger plans, feel free to let me know.

Or, if you just want to comment on the project and suggest new features, we'll listen to that, too.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: HackerCon calendar

They need to add MalCon! Although it's a bit late seeing it starts tomorrow.

http://malcon.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Griff1371 View Post
      They need to add MalCon
      if MalCon emails us next time around, we'd be happy to put it up for 2012.

i've had the @hackercons account follow @_malcon_ for now, however.

and, frankly, there's no reason to not have this year's event on the calendar just for archival purposes, so if someone submits it to us later on we'll still add it.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
        if MalCon emails us next time around, we'd be happy to put it up for 2012.

i've had the @hackercons account follow @_malcon_ for now, however.

and, frankly, there's no reason to not have this year's event on the calendar just for archival purposes, so if someone submits it to us later on we'll still add it.
        You should leverage Druid's Hackercon calendar, as he's been doing this for years.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
          You should leverage Druid's Hackercon calendar, as he's been doing this for years.
          ah, dru1d is a terrific guy... i had no idea his calendar existed.

is there a URL or other way to see it? some quick Googling didn't turn up much.
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
            ah, dru1d is a terrific guy... i had no idea his calendar existed.

is there a URL or other way to see it? some quick Googling didn't turn up much.
            https://www.google.com/calendar/ical...blic/basic.ics

Information Security Conferences Details
            Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Working...
            X