X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCotMan
    replied
    Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

Thread continues in New Thread (link: for logged-in users).

Leave a comment:

• phrakti0nal
    replied

Render: is there a meeting spots for us Canucks? I've run into one other Canadian so far today.

Leave a comment:

• mrhector
    replied

I'm bringing my two pieces of Canadian ID, my passport and my Timmy's card :)

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied

So I have brought along a bag of 50 Canadian flag pins which I will pass out to fellow canuckss for us to put on our badge/lanyard so we have an identifier for each other. If you see me, show me some Canadian ID and get a pin

Recently I've found a bunch of people who will be able to help get the consulate running. I am great at ideas, but bad at logistics.

Leave a comment:

• Pardus
    replied

If you bring the timmies then let me know what room you're in so I can pop by for a double double.

Leave a comment:

• phrakti0nal
    replied

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
    more of you than want to admit it? :D (/ducks)

Seriously, though, we could also group by city AND hackerspace, since it'd be nice to introduce people to their local spaces, assuming we're not all somehow associated with them already.

I agree with the little pin/badge idea, too.
    I'll be heading down today so if there are any requests for swag (coffee, Canadian flag patches, etc) let me know in the next few hours and I'll try to make a stop before taking off.

Leave a comment:

• Caspian
    replied

Originally posted by PolarBear View Post
    We could initially be grouped by cities.
    How many of us from Toronto?
    more of you than want to admit it? :D (/ducks)

Seriously, though, we could also group by city AND hackerspace, since it'd be nice to introduce people to their local spaces, assuming we're not all somehow associated with them already.

I agree with the little pin/badge idea, too.

Leave a comment:

• PolarBear
    replied

Originally posted by databeast View Post
    So you're planning to round up all the Canadians conveniently into one spot?
    We could initially be grouped by cities.
    How many of us from Toronto?

Leave a comment:

• databeast
    replied

So you're planning to round up all the Canadians conveniently into one spot?

<ducks>

Leave a comment:

• Rand0mh3r0_
    replied

Just curious to see if there any thing i can help out with here. I can bring down a tin of Coffee from Timmies or other such items if required.

Leave a comment:

• AlxRogan
    replied

Originally posted by renderman View Post
    Was more thinking logistics with the hotel and not pissing them off by supplying our own. Some hotels want to provide everything (at thier prices)
    FYI, I called last year about getting a coffee maker in my room after seeing that Medic had one in his room. They initially said it would be $50 a night...then later said that they weren't available due to the water hookups needed. I doubt seriously they would be able to accommodate this without a full drink catering setup.

Leave a comment:

• renderman
    replied

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    Last year for Defcon I went to Walmart and bought a coffee maker, it was SIX BUCKS. Full carafe and everything. I think we buy a bunch of them and give them away afterwards. :-)
    Was more thinking logistics with the hotel and not pissing them off by supplying our own. Some hotels want to provide everything (at thier prices)

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Last year for Defcon I went to Walmart and bought a coffee maker, it was SIX BUCKS. Full carafe and everything. I think we buy a bunch of them and give them away afterwards. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Bbox
    replied

Originally posted by renderman View Post
    BBOX - Might take you up on that. Render
    No worries, just let me know how we can be of assistance.

Leave a comment:

• student_T
    replied

I think I misunderstood the purpose of a forum meet.
    As I said. N00b.
    I'll be at the forum event.

Best regards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X