Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

    Quick follow up. Looks like they have rebranded McFaddens as just "The Irish Pub" and it appears to only be open Friday and Saturday from 5PM-Midnight

    No word on if that is permanent...but it appears to be.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

      http://lasvegasblog.harrahs.com/las-...rio-las-vegas/

      We were curious about what would replace McFadden’s Irish Pub at Rio Las Vegas after it closed on Dec. 5, 2011. Now we know.

      We’re hearing a new Irish pub opens in the same location today (Dec. 29). The new pub is called, simply, the Irish Pub.

      The Irish Pub will be open Thursdays through Sundays (starting at 5:00 p.m.).

      Details about the new pub are few at the moment, but we do know the Irish Pub features 16 varieties of beer on tap from around the world. The Irish Pub will also be home to an “All Night Happy Hour,” with nightly drink specials.

      For the time being, food isn’t being served at the Irish Pub, but that’s in the works.

      Comment


      • #18
        Rooms at the conference rate are going fast

        Hi,

        Just made my reservation over the phone and the clerk told me that the block reserved for the defCon rate was filling up quickly, so you may wish to make your reservation shortly.

        Looking forward to July!

        Renakuzar

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

          I wonder if the sexy hairdressers will be back for their convention this year
          |

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

            Originally posted by wrøng! View Post
            I wonder if the sexy hairdressers will be back for their convention this year
            You reffering to mohawkcon?
            Saving the world one computer at a time...

            or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

              No, but that's cool too.

              No last year the same weekend DEFCON was in the Rio there was a hairdressers convention. The year before that at the Riv it was a police thing IIRC. I'm always curious as to who we will be sharing the venue with.
              |

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

                Originally posted by wrøng! View Post
                No, but that's cool too.

                No last year the same weekend DEFCON was in the Rio there was a hairdressers convention. The year before that at the Riv it was a police thing IIRC. I'm always curious as to who we will be sharing the venue with.
                AHHH, I wasn't aware of the hairdressers event. I know we came extremely close to derby girls running around vegas at the same time, iirc it was during BH last year. Maybe we will get lucky enough to have said derby girls this year?
                Saving the world one computer at a time...

                or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

                  Make friends by having the staff bring in their home PCs for repair and clean up. :-)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

                    Originally posted by b0n3z View Post
                    AHHH, I wasn't aware of the hairdressers event. I know we came extremely close to derby girls running around vegas at the same time, iirc it was during BH last year. Maybe we will get lucky enough to have said derby girls this year?
                    iirc, Defcon 18 coincided with Rollercon (the Derby Girls national convention/competition), but as you mentioned, it was a week off for Defcon 19.

                    Looks like we're getting lucky again this year: RollerCon 2012 is July 25 - 29, Riviera Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (maybe some of us remember that venue?)

                    http://www.rollercon.net/

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

                      Originally posted by hinge View Post
                      RollerCon 2012 is July 25 - 29, Riviera Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
                      I am envisioning large gaggles of rollerskaters traversing up and down the Las Vegas strip.
                      |

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

                        Originally posted by wrøng! View Post
                        I am envisioning large gaggles of rollerskaters traversing up and down the Las Vegas strip.
                        I would love to see that!!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

                          It was asked on twitter, and I answered there. I may as well provide the answer here.

                          Maps. Rio. Where are they?

                          The Rio provides a PDF map of their property:
                          * http://www.riolasvegas.com/images/no...rPlan_4cKO.pdf

                          There is NO FLOORPLAN POSTED YET for DC20, but when it is, it will be here:
                          * https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-20/dc-20-venue.html

                          If you have never been to Defcon before, or never been to Defcon at the Rio, then maybe a look at the floor plan of the convention space we used af Defcon 19 would be of help. NOTE: THIS IS FOR ***LAST*** YEAR, Defcon 19:
                          * https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-19/dc-19-venue.html

                          HTH,
                          -Cot

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

                            First and foremost...

                            If any of you gamble, get a Players Card! Then get copies of it. Hand it to others to play on or hold onto a few copies for yourself. Why ?
                            Room rates for some who where smart last year was $79 per night. <grins evilly>

                            This year, if someone acted faster would have been Free, $twenty something and $forty something respectively. But "someone" should have registered in March when they got the flier.
                            Now its like $179, $327 and $362. ouch! Someone doesn't play all that much but knows how to SE the right people. <grins> (no I am not signing up for an SE contest.)

                            This works for ANY casino and also works when you go to close out the room. if your player card shows a lot of play, you can SE or even simply ask to get the rate lowered or maybe even a free night.

                            On site last year but not this year, got a better deal than last year someplace else.

                            But in all seriousness, get a Players Card! Just don't ask for 300 of the same card!! It uses a Magnetic strip.... duh!

                            I've also seen people leave the card in the machine and unsuspecting people without a card play on it. Duh!

                            This works really well if groups of you travel to DC regularly...
                            *if* you are really smart, give and extra card to friends and relatives that go to LV and ask them to play on your card here and there. It helps, trust me. Casinos don't care, they only see you played on the card. Go once physically, but your card goes multiple times. What does this get you ? lower room rates and other give-aways.



                            geeezzz, and no one figured this out yet ? for shame!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

                              Originally posted by nitchimon View Post
                              If any of you gamble, get a Players Card! Then get copies of it. Hand it to others to play on or hold onto a few copies for yourself.

                              It would probably be a good idea to read the mag-strip on these cards to see what personal information is included before handing them out to people. In a "better world" the only piece of information would be a unique, machine-generated ID, or index, maybe even encrypted with something better than Double-XOR (same key). Without checking, your card may include your name and Drivers License, or more, all in "the plain" for anyone with a card reader to scan.

                              Good luck!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Defcon 20: Recon and Intel: Rio Hotel and Casino

                                Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                                It would probably be a good idea to read the mag-strip on these cards to see what personal information is included before handing them out to people. In a "better world" the only piece of information would be a unique, machine-generated ID, or index, maybe even encrypted with something better than Double-XOR (same key). Without checking, your card may include your name and Drivers License, or more, all in "the plain" for anyone with a card reader to scan.

                                Good luck!
                                i did a scan of a card a few years ago. I do not have a mag reader anymore. back then, it was just the players card number. But this doesnt mean that they changed and added other things since then.

                                Its always a good idea to double check. Anyone with a Mag reader at the show or know of a cheap place to get one ? let me know.
                                tanx

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X