Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackwave's Hair Dye Kung Fu mini-tutorial...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackwave's Hair Dye Kung Fu mini-tutorial...

Blackwave's Hair Dye Kung Fu mini-tutorial...

This was created due to the numerous requests I have received for assistance in styling their hair...

First Go here, and bring this list:
    Sally's Beauty Supply
    http://www.sallybeauty.com/

Materials Required:

Bleaching:

A:
    Brentwood Salon Care
    Creme Developer Stabilized Formula
    Volume 40 Maximum Lift
    32 FL OZ
    $6.69
    (Suggested Quantity 1, this bottle is huge)
    (Physical Appearance: White bottle with Pink Markings)
    [note: don't get the clear unless they don't have the creme]
    (Physical Appearance: White bottle with Blue)

B
    Wella
    Fashion Frost
    Off-Scalp Powder Lightener
    Net Wt 1.9oz
    $2.99
    (Suggested Quantity 2 if you have medium length hair)
    (Physical Appearance: Blue bag)

Coloring
    C
    Manic Panic N.Y.C
    Semi-Permanent Hair Color Creme
    "Live Fast & Dye your hair"
    <<color(s) of choice here>>
    $7.99
    (Suggested Quantity 1 if you have medium length hair)

Bowl to hold A and B (REQUIRED)
    Latex, plastic Gloves (REQUIRED)
    Plastic Hair cap: (HIGHLY SUGGESTED)
    Vaseline (SUGGESTED)

Brush Applicator (optional)
    Toothbrush (Optional for eyebrows, facial hair)
    Salon Cape (Optional)
    Mirror (optional)

Warning: If you fuck up your head don't blame me, this is for informational and educational purposes only, and only a demonstration of my experiences

Instructions:
    Ok First you need to bleach your hair so you get a bright contrast, and so you hair become porous and the color sticks better and doesn't just slide of your head after a few washings...most people that don't bleach and have dark hair will notice that the color will be more on their hands than on their heads... and in the end it will just look like a messy hue than anything else. (don't bother doing a patch test, or skin test with the bleach, if you are going to do it you are going to do it... right?
    Step 0:
    Fuck the instructions on the products, read these instructions here:
    Step 1:
    Get B open it, (and stand back if this shit gets in your eyes, you are going to be sucking... even though it says it is dedusted it still gets into your eyes or lungs if you are fooling around) and dump it into the bowl, if you have a lot of hair, use 2.
    Step 2:
    Once the powder has settled, open up A and slowly pour it into the bowl that has B in it. Pour a little at a time and mix it with the applicator brush, or tooth brush... add and stir, add and stir, until you get a thick consistency (which is one reason you want the creme over the clear), try to get all the lumps out, and just keep mixing until it looks smooth and thick (like a milkshake, or pancake batter)
    Step 3:
    Now don't play around with this slop, it will eat through clothes and carpet and it is this way for about 4 hours, so be careful with it. Now comb your hair or gather the hair you want to bleach. You can use the applicator, but i just put on the gloves and dip both hands in, grab a handful and rub it in between both hands and rub it into your hair... all the while making sure you don't let it touch your scalp.. it will burn like fuck if you let it lay on your skin, and your skin will start itching.. DON'T LET IT TOUCH YOUR SKIN!
    Step 4:
    After you have a nice even coat of this bleach on your head carefully put on the plastic hair cap and cover your whole head... if you don't it is more likely that you will get patches of hair that are missed and tend to make the style more blotchy than even.
    Step 5:
    Go do something for about half an hour, especially if you have dark hair.. the key is to burn the hair until it is a light banana yellow color... don't fuck up and get it to be an orangey color, that just looks sad. If it starts burning after a while, just try to hold it.. usually your palms will start itching if it has been in way longer than it should.(that is the danger level)
    Step 6:
    Jump into the shower and wash it out FAST!... be careful not to rip your hair off, remember the bleach has made your hair a lot more fragile. DO NOT USE SHAMPOO OR CONDITIONER... JUST RINSE IT!!!
    Step 7:
    Towel dry your head, in fact put the towel around your head like it is a turban and walk around the pad for about 15 minutes... get all the water out.. DO NOT BLOW DRY!!!
    Step 8:
    Get a line of Vaseline and run it along your hairline all around your skin that gets close to the hair.. if you don't and you miss your hair, you are going to have colored dots and fingerprints all over your head for a day or so.. don't be fool and think ahead.
    Step 9:
    Now you are ready to color your hair... get whatever color(s) you want and feel free to use the applicator, or just put on the gloves and scoop it up and blend it in... remember not to just plot it in, you will blotchy.. unless that is the effect you are going for.
    Step 10:
    You can put another cap on, but it won't help any, keep it in your hair for about 15min-30 mins.. it won't burn, the longer the better.
    Step 11:
    Jump in the shower and rinse it out.. feel free to use soap, or shampoo, a lot of color will be all over the place so make sure you have water on the floor of the tub, or shower bottom... try to move around and not stand in one place.. I fucked up a hotel once by standing in one place and when I got out I saw my two footprints where the dye colored everything around my feet...
    Step 12:
    Let your hair relax... it has been quite a change... let it breathe...I wouldn't suggest doing the bleaching often, I do it every other month or so, and I lose about 2 inches of hair from the bleach corrosion. (the hair will get thinner the more you bleach it and more fragile), worry not it grows back the usual way.
    VIOLA!!! There you are h4x0r3d out!.. and now have the m0st3st 133+35+ h41R! ;)

Feel free to disseminate this to your family and phriends.
    blackwave@hushmail.com (c) 2002
    Blackwave Inc., W0rd Pr0ductions...
    Remember strangers give the best candy!
    Note: If it isn't noticeable, no spell checkers were harmed, or even used in this tutorial...
    Note2: Hopefully I didn't miss any steps.

Last edited by blackwave; July 24, 2002, 01:23.

Hint

If you want to keep the color alive (if does fade) Just a hint I learned. Add a drop of the color (blue) to your conditioner each time. And use it (free advice it does stain). But I can usually keep the blue fresh and alive a few weeks longer. I hate the faded out blue. Also give your hair a rest. I had to this year. After I had 6 inches cut off from the bleaching. No blue this year (I think my company is happy. I have a normal color for awhile and they don’t have to explain it to clients). You can have an office job with Blue Hair. (Good thing no one enforces that appearance clause I signed when I started here.)

Comment

More Tinting Hints.......

Just another helpful hint for those of you wanting to keep that oh so perky color going for weeks...... this is a super great item to keep on hand ! Not harsh on the hands or scalp.

Paul Mitchell
      Color Shampoo
      Nine Colors To Match Any Natural Or Color Treated Hair
      Intensify or maintain hair color:p :p

Comment

BTW...cost for that runs about $10.50 if you bargin shop !

Comment

For the inevitable stains in the shower, I have found a wonderful remedy - Lysol toilet bowl cleaner with bleach. It sticks to the walls long enough to bleach the colour out, and gets it clean with minimal scrubbing.
          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

BTW...cost for that runs about $10.50 if you bargin shop !
            man my moms a cosmotalagist person and she gets stuff that is like 15, 20 dollars.

Comment

man my moms a cosmotalagist person and she gets stuff that is like 15, 20 dollars
              Sometimes things that cost more don't always work the best. It doesnt take much to play the "student cosmetologist" game at your local beauty supply. No ID needed and you get the same discount as the stylists !

Comment

or you can just be lazy like me and have your GF do it ;-)
                " I want to believe all of these things? But you caught me at a bad moment and I can't. "

Comment

Ooooh,

This is a great thing to do to the next guy who falls asleep at the con!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    Ooooh,
                    This is a great thing to do to the next guy who falls asleep at the con!
                    I pheer phor those whom sleep out of their official domiciles..

Comment

Wow I didn't know your girlfriend was an official domicile!

Comment

It sure would beat the usual Sharpie taggings.. Hmm.. I could always bring my friend's portible tattoo gun...
                        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I'll opt for flourescent spray paint.

Comment

What about super glueing ones head to whatever their head found rest on? too mean?

Comment

Originally posted by $-|-@R_Br33D
                              What about super glueing ones head to whatever their head found rest on? too mean?
                              It depends on who is is.. if it is someone whom is roomless and crashing outside, I say just a sticker or so. As for well (enough) behaved person whom just managed to pass out before finding their room, maybe a sharpie tagging. If it is someone like that annoying guy that was starting problems with everyone (the one everyone called "Fat Bastard", he had started a couple quarrels) I say the sky is the limit. I voted to light his hair on fire then push him in the pool, but Flea frowend upon that idea and instead someone kicked him out then ban him .
                              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Working...
                              X