X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gadsden
    replied
    Re: Keep Calm and Toxic BBQ

I figured it went w/o saying, but will notify anyway. I will be assisting any way needed (grill, food run, testing beer to make sure it is not poisoned, etc).
    Jimbo is no longer living in Vegas, so we won't have him for the usual Sam's run we have done in the past. I have a Sam's card, so if we can secure transportation we can round up supplies on my card.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by BonzoESC View Post
    Can you please put the date and time in the first post?
    Any of these people can edit posts in thie forum for longer than the usual "24 hour limit" or should be able to edit posts:
    Originally posted by forumLeaders-ToxicBBQ
    Forum Leader(s)/Organizer(s) for this forum

[Syntax],
    KeLviN,
    L0nd0,
    GodMinusOne,
    renderman,
    Siviak
    Please let me know if otherwise.

I don't like editing people posts unless they request it in public, and only their posts, not anyone elses posts. In this case, an organizer can edit their own post. (They share orgzanizing this, so I would expect they share respect for each other in allowing edits of each others posts to promote planning, but that is only an educated guess. :-)

censorship = bad.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; July 17, 2012, 17:33.

Leave a comment:

• BonzoESC
    replied

Originally posted by L0nd0 View Post
    I do appreciate you desire to get info on what’s up and going on with the BBQ and everything is going as planned I right now an trying to see if I can get away with not having to hire security this year and save a little money that I can put back into foods. But have no fear show up on Thursday July 26th around 4pm and there will be the Toxic BBQ.
    Can you please put the date and time in the first post?

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

URL: Google Maps directions from Rio Hotel to Sunset Park Area F Parking Lot=https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=3700+W.+Flamingo+Road,+L as+Vegas,+NV&daddr=E+Maule+Ave&hl=en&geocode=FasgJ wId9mQi-SndJsdJIMTIgDEQxkO9a9v2Ng%3BFT5IJgIdjnQj-Q&aq=&sll=36.066151,-115.121784&sspn=0.009991,0.015364&vpsrc=6&t=h&mra= dme&mrsp=1&sz=16&ie=UTF8&ll=36.084205,-115.157146&spn=0.079908,0.12291&z=13

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied

Yea! Thanks for update - and of course tell us what you need.

Yes I have been constantly working on this and I apologize that I have not posted updates at every step but things have gone well. Plus it also takes time to get information out of the park system. The construction that started last year at the park is still not finished and is causing a lot of trouble with trying to get things resolved. I recently flew down to Vegas to see what I can do and have my people working on the solutions and we have worked it out.

So I updated the main thread with the following information:
    Ok the BBQ is a good our usual space at the park is ours for the taking (Area F) - http://binged.it/OBQlL2

Area F is down by the number 13 field and the parking lot.

The BBQ will happen on Thursday July 26th and the start time will be the usual 3:30pm to 4pm and go till 10pm when the park closes.

I do appreciate you desire to get info on what’s up and going on with the BBQ and everything is going as planned I right now an trying to see if I can get away with not having to hire security this year and save a little money that I can put back into foods. But have no fear show up on Thursday July 26th around 4pm and there will be the Toxic BBQ.

Leave a comment:

• L0nd0
    replied

Yes I have been constantly working on this and I apologize that I have not posted updates at every step but things have gone well. Plus it also takes time to get information out of the park system. The construction that started last year at the park is still not finished and is causing a lot of trouble with trying to get things resolved. I recently flew down to Vegas to see what I can do and have my people working on the solutions and we have worked it out.

So I updated the main thread with the following information:
    Ok the BBQ is a good our usual space at the park is ours for the taking (Area F) - http://binged.it/OBQlL2

Area F is down by the number 13 field and the parking lot.

The BBQ will happen on Thursday July 26th and the start time will be the usual 3:30pm to 4pm and go till 10pm when the park closes.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

I see a lot of posts and talk here but has anyone pulled the trigger yet?

Leave a comment:

• BeefWellington3
    replied

Originally posted by VaVaDoom View Post
    http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/p...s-charges.aspx

It's looking like $50 to reserve a spot up to 100. No point in claiming more than that amount. Of course, this is if you want it to be legit. Don't see much of an issue in just showing up at a designated time and location sans signage. Most obvious pick would be Sunset Park or the park on Flamingo and Jones (which also sports a roller derby rink). Up to you fellas.

~B
    I was really hoping L0nd0 was on top of the situation already?? I understand about the 'just showing up' part, but if someone else does reserve it we could get kicked out

Leave a comment:

• VaVaDoom
    replied

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/p...s-charges.aspx

It's looking like $50 to reserve a spot up to 100. No point in claiming more than that amount. Of course, this is if you want it to be legit. Don't see much of an issue in just showing up at a designated time and location sans signage. Most obvious pick would be Sunset Park or the park on Flamingo and Jones (which also sports a roller derby rink). Up to you fellas.

~B

Leave a comment:

• BeefWellington3
    replied
    Re: Keep Calm and Toxic BBQ-Anyone reserved a spot yet??

Hey gang I just wanted to let you all know that as far as I'm concerned there will be a BBQ this year!

I am going to get the official process going here in a little while so look out for future updates.
    I guess my question is did you contact the parks and recreation yet to reserve the spot? If not, please read over the rules for the parks. Don't tell them we might have 100+ as we would need to get a security guard, I think saying we will have 70 or so is fair. No bounce house (need insurance), etc.

If there is no follow through here it will end up canceled like last year. I missed defcon last year but I can't imagine a defcon without toxic bbq. If someone has reserved a spot for us, please post it so we know which spot at sunset park it is, ahead of time. I'm assuming that we will be doing this on Thursday July 26th from 3pm - 10:30pm (park closes at 11pm)?

Let's not fail at this ok. This is too much fun to let it slide.

Leave a comment:

• flacman
    replied

so... lets get a date, place and tell what do u need me to bring

Leave a comment:

• Cygnus
    replied

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    With all the events going on, I think the first post in any event thread should be edited to include the date and time once determined.
    Now there is a bright idea...

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

With all the events going on, I think the first post in any event thread should be edited to include the date and time once determined.

Leave a comment:

• dc0de
    replied

Originally posted by Gadsden View Post
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon
    Wielded by someone who has been well fed at the ToxicBBQ...

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied

I am over joyed with the amount of support that everyone has and will been spinning the threads up soon for the support of the BBQ. :D
    This is great news.. not having one last year sucked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X