Awesome Rio Room Rate Deal - Expires 2/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Rio Room Rate Deal - Expires 2/28

So, I stumbled across this awesome deal last night: http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals...7_html_phoenix . The price is for $59 (plus $5.01 in taxes and fees) for Sunday-Thursday. This deal ALSO includes a $30 dining credit *PER* voucher (so, each day).

I have just purchased this and made the reservation with Rio, so I can confirm this works fine. I called Rio after receiving the vouchers to make things easier for me. They had to make 3 reservations for me - one for Monday the 23rd till Friday the 27th using 4 vouchers purchased through the above TravelZoo link. Another using the DEFCON room rate for the night of the 27th and the 28th (as this promotion excludes those days). Then, a third one for Sunday night - the 29th checking out on Monday using a 5th voucher. This is for a King-bed suite (though you could request 2 queens) in the Ipanema Tower.

This has saved me, at least, a shitton of money (especially including the dining credit).

This TravelZoo deal expires on 2/28 at (what I can tell) 11:59.59PM Arizona time.

Get it while you can!

Re: Awesome Rio Room Rate Deal - Expires 2/28

Originally posted by scorche View Post
    So, I stumbled across this awesome deal last night: http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals...7_html_phoenix . The price is for $59 (plus $5.01 in taxes and fees) for Sunday-Thursday. This deal ALSO includes a $30 dining credit *PER* voucher (so, each day).

I have just purchased this and made the reservation with Rio, so I can confirm this works fine. I called Rio after receiving the vouchers to make things easier for me. They had to make 3 reservations for me - one for Monday the 23rd till Friday the 27th using 4 vouchers purchased through the above TravelZoo link. Another using the DEFCON room rate for the night of the 27th and the 28th (as this promotion excludes those days). Then, a third one for Sunday night - the 29th checking out on Monday using a 5th voucher. This is for a King-bed suite (though you could request 2 queens) in the Ipanema Tower.

This has saved me, at least, a shitton of money (especially including the dining credit).

This TravelZoo deal expires on 2/28 at (what I can tell) 11:59.59PM Arizona time.

Get it while you can!
    Last year it was possible to combine reservations and keep the rates per-day locked in for each reservation, and so long as the reservation was for the same room-type, a person could keep their room through all reservations without moving.

There was confusion in some cases, where the maid thought people were checking out when they were just finishing one reservation and starting another. Also, room keys stopped working for some, forcing them to get new keys for their same room.

On the plus side, not having to move is nice, especially in the middle of Pre-Defcon and Defcon events. Another advantage is they can combine the bills, so you only need to check-out once.

Good luck!

Comment

Yeah - typically hotels have no problem with tying room reservations together, as it saves them money and time having to re-clean the room and get it ready for another customer.

I told them to make a note to combine the reservations - the representative said that she made a note to keep the same room and tie the rooms together in the reservation. Typically I let the front desk know again as well about the multiple reservations. There is the occasional confusion, but if you tell them enough times, they tend to leave you alone.

Comment

I just called the hotel and changed my reservation to reflect the TravelZoo deal as well, no hassles.

Comment

Agreed, just booked all my res online as directed by OP and then called them to Link all the reservations together. He said that they would try to combine it all into a single room once I got there, but that the travelzoo rooms are actually a better view! For $59! Great deal.

scorche you are awesome. Good find and thanks for sharing.

I also used tz to book another stay in vegas in april. tz ftw.

Comment

SO just so i get this right you have to purchase 2 vouchers from online and then use them to book 2 seperate stays 1 for wednesday and 1 for thursday. and then just get them to link all three reservations together. I guess the only difference is you have more money held up. but not a big deal as its pretty minut or can you just call them and get them to match it over the phone. Im not sure how hotels deal with after the fact dealings.

Comment

Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
              SO just so i get this right you have to purchase 2 vouchers from online and then use them to book 2 seperate stays 1 for wednesday and 1 for thursday. and then just get them to link all three reservations together. I guess the only difference is you have more money held up. but not a big deal as its pretty minut or can you just call them and get them to match it over the phone. Im not sure how hotels deal with after the fact dealings.
              Maybe you could call the Rio and find out, and then report what you find back here for others to learn from your experience.

Good luck!

Comment

Alright so they were plesent enough. The first person i got told me i couldnt link reservations and when i told him im pretty sure he could he trasnfered me but it works and they were quiet plesent after that. Just make sure you purchase the code online from travel zoo before calling in and you need 1 code for each day. I guess its apparently popular too because when i originally asked, the lady had explained she was dealing with this promotion all day yesturday from people from the defcon room block. They also offered some promotion for 100 dollars in playing chips and 2 tickets for a show but failed to inform me that it only works for americans with a zip code. You also need to give up your credit card number again to hold the room though nothing is charged to it and taxes arent included which you pay upon arrival which is 7 dollars i think she said.

Comment

Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
                  Alright so they were plesent enough. The first person i got told me i couldnt link reservations and when i told him im pretty sure he could he trasnfered me but it works and they were quiet plesent after that. Just make sure you purchase the code online from travel zoo before calling in and you need 1 code for each day. I guess its apparently popular too because when i originally asked, the lady had explained she was dealing with this promotion all day yesturday from people from the defcon room block. They also offered some promotion for 100 dollars in playing chips and 2 tickets for a show but failed to inform me that it only works for americans with a zip code. You also need to give up your credit card number again to hold the room though nothing is charged to it and taxes arent included which you pay upon arrival which is 7 dollars i think she said.
                  Thanks for taking the time to call them and report on your findings for others to share. :-)

Comment

Update:

I have checked into Rio successfully using my TravelZoo coupons (don't forget to bring them with you!) and the agents combined my 3 separate bookings just fine.

One important note! The registration desk agent said that the $30 dining credit is only good for each day - no rollover credit. This means that I must spend the $30 by 23:59.59 each day or else the credit (for that day) is forfeited. Credit is not valid for Wetzel's Pretzels or Burger King. Credit is valid for room service and drinks.

I just had great dim sum for dinner at the new Chinese restaurant (which serves dim sum until 2 AM), so I couldn't be happier I noticed this deal. =)

Comment

[QUOTE=scorche;126566]One important note! The registration desk agent said that the $30 dining credit is only good for each day - no rollover credit. This means that I must spend the $30 by 23:59.59 each day or else the credit (for that day) is forfeited. Credit is not valid for Wetzel's Pretzels or Burger King. Credit is valid for room service and drinks.
                      /QUOTE]

How do you use the credit, just charge to the room, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Regedit View Post
                        How do you use the credit, just charge to the room, or what?
                        Yes - just charge to the room.

Comment

Working...
                        X