Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the cctv broadcasts

Hey;

I was wondering if anyone was interested in recording one of the cctv channels that are going to be broadcasting the speaker tracks. I was thinking about recording the other and if I could find another interested party we could swap recordings.

I'm not planning on selling them or anything like that just to have for personal use. I was thinking about doing the capture in MPEG2 and then converting to SVCD to have "dvd-like" quality.

If someone is interested just drop me a line to

administrator [at] pdx-tech [dot] com OR you can ICQ me at:

Thanks!

Re: question about the cctv broadcasts

Originally posted by telco88
    I'm not planning on selling them or anything like that just to have for personal use. I was thinking about doing the capture in MPEG2 and then converting to SVCD to have "dvd-like" quality.
    Hey most rooms at the ap have two televisions, one in the living room and the other in the bedroom.. i wanted to point them both toward the bed to get head while watching the con in ac now and then... or watch the con and whatever is on the dcmovie channel... but... the point is can't you just record both at the same time? one vcr on each tv... ?
    also point two would be that there is no way in hell that you are going to convert vhs quality video into anything decent that would be worth of svcd... remember that dvd enchances the flaws that are converted from vhs... even using Dr. Mercury's SVCD/DIVX Movie Kit... It is more likely that the conversion will be crappy vcd quality.. :( ... were you planning to use vhs recorders, or was there something else you were using for the capture?

Comment

what i was gonna use

laptop with Hauppauge Win-TV PVR (USB-external).

Comment

Re: what i was gonna use

laptop with Hauppauge Win-TV PVR (USB-external).
        ah, hopefully your partner in crime can have a similar set up :)

Comment

is there any way to get the video feeds outside of alexis park....cause i am staying at one of the other hotels.

peace

ck3k
          ~:CK:~
          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

replay

I'll have my replay 4040 there. It'd be pretty easy to record mostly everything and transfer to the PC in whatever format desired.
            If you can remember DefCon, you weren't really there...

Comment

I don't have with me, what i would need to record... But i'll sure have some alcool for you ;) I want those VCD!!
              Hey;

I was wondering if anyone was interested in recording one of the cctv channels that are going to be broadcasting the speaker tracks. I was thinking about recording the other and if I could find another interested party we could swap recordings.

If someone is interested just drop me a line to

administrator [at] pdx-tech [dot] com OR you can ICQ me at:

Thanks!
              /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

I had wanted to start a team of people to record and vdc/dvd up all of the video from dcx at cost, or a little over cost. The only place that sells currently has insanely high prices. Alas, there is so much else to do, I don't even have the capture device to do it, let alone the free time out there. Maybe next year...

btw, how do you like your capture device? does it run reliably for long periods of capture? I've had trouble finding a device hardware/software combo for this....
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Re: Re: question about the cctv broadcasts

Originally posted by dataworm
                  I don't have with me, what i would need to record... But i'll sure have some alcool for you ;) I want those VCD!!
                  Isn't this stuff already being put on VCD/DVD format and being sold during defcon? I always say I am going to buy one, just always forget.

Comment

Hey;

Actually, this is already being done. Let me draw your attention towards http://www.defcon.tv - Defcon's media nexus. We got the server farm for it built last weekend, and all other things being equal it should be live at con.

Comment

will these be Real Media format?

Skroo;

Will these be Real Media format or ? Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X