If I offered a spare bed to female attendee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I offered a spare bed to female attendee

If I posted in the Ride and Share forum, a free bed to any lady coming to this year's defcon...

and someone took me up on the offer...

How likely would I end up waking up in a tub of ice, wallet and electronics all gone?

Re: If I offered a spare bed to female attendee

Originally posted by inCoherent View Post
    If I posted in the Ride and Share forum, a free bed to any lady coming to this year's defcon...

and someone took me up on the offer...

How likely would I end up waking up in a tub of ice, wallet and electronics all gone?
    Regardless of the person being male or female, a person who would choose to agree to share a room with someone that has no references and demands no references is much more likely to be a risk to you than a person that you know and trust, or someone that is vouched for by someone you know and trust.

This is actually answered in the Unofficial FAQ that HighWiz has assembled. Here is a quote from it from version 2.0:

URL1=http://defcon.stotan.org/faq/fullmonty2.htm#ques63
    Originally posted by URL1
    Q) Should I let a bunch of people stay in my room that I have never met and probably will never see again? Can I really trust them?

A) No. Best Case they will be cool (RARE!) Medium Case: They will probably steal stuff from you (Laptop, Wallet). Worst case: They will steal stuff from you (Virginity).
    If you have not reviewed the unofficial and official FAQ before now, now would be a good time.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X