Supplies and signup questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplies and signup questions

Would like to enter this, but Im flying into vegas, and bringing stuff with is just not going to happen.

How hard would it be to enter having no wheels to goto the local hardware store.. ?
    Where is the nearest hardware store ? home depot or the likes ? or an aquarium store might suffice, or an RC hobby store..

How hard is it to get ice in the vicinity ?

Im pretty creative, but like someone mentioned in the signup thread, I have no access to dry ice, if I could find some there, that would be great to incorporate into my ghetto design..

Last question is if this is around noon on friday.. I assume the lineup to pay the 200 bucks to get in is short? Getting in wont conflict with this challenge ?

Thanks... :)

Re: Supplies and signup questions

Originally posted by teflone View Post
    How hard would it be to enter having no wheels to goto the local hardware store.. ?
    Where is the nearest hardware store ? home depot or the likes ? or an aquarium store might suffice, or an RC hobby store..
    How hard is it to get ice in the vicinity ? Im pretty creative, but like someone mentioned in the signup thread, I have no access to dry ice, if I could find some there, that would be great to incorporate into my ghetto design..
    You could cab it, but it might get pricey. You could rent a vehicle. I recommend befriending someone with a vehicle. There is a Home Depot not too far from the Rio. Ice and dry ice are readily available at local supermarkets.

Ask your intartubes map/search engine for moar details.

Originally posted by teflone View Post
    Last question is if this is around noon on friday.. I assume the lineup to pay the 200 bucks to get in is short? Getting in wont conflict with this challenge ?
    You must be a badge-wearing DefCon attendee to compete. The contest is at 1:00PM on Saturday. I suspect that you will have time to get a badge by then.

-Nz0
    Paid for by the Our Thing Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Nz0 View Post
      You could cab it, but it might get pricey. You could rent a vehicle. I recommend befriending someone with a vehicle. There is a Home Depot not too far from the Rio. Ice and dry ice are readily available at local supermarkets.

Ask your intartubes map/search engine for moar details.

You must be a badge-wearing DefCon attendee to compete. The contest is at 1:00PM on Saturday. I suspect that you will have time to get a badge by then.

-Nz0

Ohhhh... thought I read it was Fri.. Saturday is much better..

And I take it $200 bucks gets me a badge correct ? :D

Hmmmm this is looking much more doable being on a saturday..

And wait.. do you say dry ice is available at local markets ? WTF ? hilarious...

Thanks!

Comment

Last year I gave four people a ride to Subway. I got a free sandwich and a beer out of it. If you ever need a ride while at Defcon don't be afraid to pay for gas or toss in a beer or two. Many folks are only too happy to help others out and if a ride is all you need that's an easy one.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
          Last year I gave four people a ride to Subway. I got a free sandwich and a beer out of it. If you ever need a ride while at Defcon don't be afraid to pay for gas or toss in a beer or two. Many folks are only too happy to help others out and if a ride is all you need that's an easy one.
          Nice to see this attitude.. :)

I'd like to give this a shot, would be fun, and always wanted to enter this style of contest..

Im trying to get a lane next to you Astcell, for the shoot, Seeess suggested it would be a good idea.

Thanks for the tips, I will have cash, sandwiches, and beer on hand! lol

Comment

Working...
          X