Black & White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black & White

Just curious, does anyone actually ever dress up for the Black & White ball. I see a bunch of pictures of black skin tight latex and images that look like they game out of a b-movie but don't see anybody that actually dresses up like in a suit and shit.

Just curious, trying to decide if I should bring my suit or not.

I brlught a suit last year but the place was so weird I didn't go. Then again is was pretty hot out there.

Maybe make a dress code and offer some cool prizes or such and that may sway the folks.

Comment

A defcon king and queen contest. :)

Comment

And the prize is a Dell Pentium 4 2.53GHz laptop...?

Comment

dress..

was planning on dressing quasi fancy..

right now i seriously dont care

toodles
          -b
          it's like a hot dog, only not.

Comment

Re: Black & White

Originally posted by Conundrum
            Just curious, does anyone actually ever dress up for the Black & White ball. I see a bunch of pictures of black skin tight latex and images that look like they game out of a b-movie but don't see anybody that actually dresses up like in a suit and shit.

You should check out these b&w discussions:
            http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=459
            http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=436

Personally I am wearing this:

Comment

A defcon king and queen contest. :)
              you know its all just a popularity contest any way. why bother.

i cant be both king and queen can i?
              :)
              the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                i cant be both king and queen can i?
                Sure you can, I think they have websites for this.. and they make good money.. ;)

Comment

i was going to do my all black, double brested, super fancy tux thing but my girl broke up with me over the phone last week, an hour and a half before my b-day.
                  no date, no point.
                  if any CHICK is looking for a dark and fancy dressed date for B&W, i would love to take you. i promise, i'm an almost perfect gentilman.

the only problem with out little computer world is that the male to female ratio has always been disheartening.

chicks at defcon rarely come alone.
                  the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

i was going to do my all black, double brested, super fancy tux
                    Reminds me of concert band... which is about the only time I wore one. (not counting high school)

Comment

i have 3 awsome tuxes.
                      the tux is a lost art. it's not the boaring highschool style that you were taught.
                      you can configure a tux for any style.
                      we should make a run to a tux rental place in vegas.
                      you'd be suprised how bad ass you can get a tux to look.
                      if the forum guys all showed up in evil-cool tuxes we'd be fawned over by all the haxor girilies. plus we'd look all pimp gang style...

Dont get your blood on my tux.......!

:D :D :D
                      the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

[B]i have 3 awsome tuxes.
                        the tux is a lost art. it's not the boaring highschool style that you were taught.[B]
                        maybe tuxes are for thin folks, that is pretty much when i wore them.. for some reason getting a super huge cummerbund aka crumb catcher doesn't look as cool as you make it sound. I looks like an overweight penguin with blue hair.

Comment

ewwww....no cumberbuns. thats the kind of old school style that i was talking about. only high school does that. i can get anyone to look fucking awsome in a tux! especialy with distinct features such as blue hair!
                          it's your call, but i think the forum guys could set the standard for personalized mad-style.

the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

it's your call, but i think the forum guys could set the standard for personalized mad-style.
                            hmmm, i think i will stick with my cult leader robe which was only a hundred bux.. compared to something that i would pay a lot more for and never use... :) I don't plan on doing any musical performances in the near future.

Comment

Re: Black & White

Ahh... well, you didn't see a picture of me last year. If anyone remembers, I was in the smart looking "Men in Black"-esque suit complete with earbud radio, dark sunglasses and mellow demeanor. Oh yeah, I was sportin' the suit. Fucking thing cost me over $500. I had it tailored and purchased about 3 hours before my flight was to actually leave the ground! I shit you not... of course, those were pre 9/11

In any case, the suit needs to be cleaned badly and I don't know if I can get it done in time. I might just take it to get steam pressed... that would help a lot.

So, yeah, bring your suit.

I should note that many people tried to spot me as a fed jokingly with it on. ;) "Move along... nothing to see here..."

Comment

Working...
                              X