Contest Conversation - Find team members, exchange ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest Conversation - Find team members, exchange ideas

Please use this thread to discuss your strategy, share links and tools, and troll for team members.
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Re: Contest Conversation - Find team members, exchange ideas

Here's someone who needs to be in this contest....

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...nema-tampering

Comment

OK, that is icky.

So far we are having many more McGuyver style of play that we have had in the past. Can any of the teams comment why? Just curious.

Also less people are signing up for level two.

I am designing the contest now and so the answers may help me with making the contest more fun.

Also, someone is helping work on the https://www.tamperevidentwiki.com/ site so we should hopefully launch it just in time for the con!
      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

The first round of creation is over and some observations:

- For level one expect pretty much everything from level one the past two years. Maybe in a slightly different format, but it is all there. Envelopes, tapes, tags. It is meant as an introduction to and a bit of fun.

- For level two we are scrounging for for some new stuff that the MFPs won't have bought already, and that is a tall order. So we are focusing on some tradecraft ideas. The application and checking of the seals.

- For level three, well, we haven't gotten that far yet.

I am also trying to tie it all together under a story narrative so it all makes sense. This might require teams to do some additional problem solving, but it is really there to explain why you are doing this and to pull off a Mission Impossible (Old skool TV, not this new fangled movie stuff) style tamper attack.

Comment

I still say you ought to invite the CIA Flaps and Seals guys out. Let them work under a tarp if they use secret stuff to do their work. They may be put to shame, or they may make people think for next year.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions for shimming material? Not only what type to get, but where to get it.

All the small sheet metal I can get at Home Depot looks either too thick, or too flimsy.

Any suggestions?

Comment

http://www1.mscdirect.com/

both metal and plastic

Comment

Originally posted by DiscipleOfJude View Post
                Anyone have any suggestions for shimming material? Not only what type to get, but where to get it.

All the small sheet metal I can get at Home Depot looks either too thick, or too flimsy.

Any suggestions?
                Aluminum cans are always a good source of material

Comment

Working...
                X