Donor found among DefCon signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donor found among DefCon signups

Just found out that someone that registered at DefCon came up as a match in June for someone in need of new marrow! This makes it all worth the effort.

Re: Donor found among DefCon signups

Originally posted by Grendel View Post
    Just found out that someone that registered at DefCon came up as a match in June for someone in need of new marrow! This makes it all worth the effort.
    Amazing. What a huge, huge win. This is really heartwarming.

Hopefully it'll help drive even more signups this year. Should make sure it's mentioned in the opening ceremonies.

Comment

This is spectacular news -- my congratulations!
      I check my sanity with a wristwatch. What do you check yours with, a dipstick?

Comment

This makes me hugely happy to hear
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Two words: Fuck yeah! Just goes to show that a few minutes to sign up can make a huge difference in someone's life. Whoever it was who was found to be a match, and for everyone else who's registered: seriously kudos!
          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

i don't know how to make this happen, but I think that person deserves a free badge. I'd be willing to donate some funds to make that happen if DT or Defcon doesnt already have plans to do so.

This is awesome.

WiK

Comment

Originally posted by wick2o View Post
              i don't know how to make this happen, but I think that person deserves a free badge
              i'd wait to see what actually happens first... but if the person truly becomes a donor i'd say that's Black Badge worthy, hehe. =) Free DEFCON for life if you donate bone marrow after being matched due to enrolling at DEFCON.

I think that'd be great. Too bad i have no influence or authority over something like that. :-)
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                i'd wait to see what actually happens first
                Any info if it's a full match, donation happening/happened or another one like me where they are a potential match, further testing required?
                Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
                  Any info if it's a full match, donation happening/happened or another one like me where they are a potential match, further testing required?
                  Full match, chosen to donate over any other candidate. Based on my own experience as a donor, they are probably nervous as hell, fearing that the day they show up to donate they will be told to go home. Things are "delicate" up to the last minute.

Comment

Good idea, if you are a full match you get Defcon for Life for giving life at Defcon. Talk about another incentive to sign up!

Comment

Working...
                    X