Wireless Village Schedule of Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Village Schedule of Events

As previously mentioned the Amateur Radio Technician License Class will be held once again this year on Friday (1st half) and Saturday (2nd Half) from 1000 - 1200.

Michael Ossmann will be presenting on Friday at 1300 - 1400 on HackRF and again on Saturday 1300 - 1400 on "Introduction to Kisbee."

There will be more contest and prizes this year. So be sure and keep an eye out for further schedule announcements.
    DaKahuna

Re: Wireless Village Schedule of Events

This may be a long shot but any chance you fine folks will also be giving the General class exam?

Comment

It would be nice if you had examiners handy that are able to handle Gen or Extra exams as well as Tech. I would sure like to shoot for my extra while I am there.

What time is the Wireless village open? Will it be open Thursday?

Comment

With folks getting in early I'm surprised no one is taking the Nevada CCW classes.

Comment

Originally posted by pH_Boston View Post
          This may be a long shot but any chance you fine folks will also be giving the General class exam?
          I have considering teaching a General Class but the information is more than can be covered in a three or four hour session. It's my understand the typical General License Class is an all day, if not multiple day affair.

To the best of my knowledge there will be no exams this year. Two of the three leads from the last two years are not in attendance this year. I have not heard of anyone else making arrangements for an exam.
          DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by hunter View Post
            It would be nice if you had examiners handy that are able to handle Gen or Extra exams as well as Tech. I would sure like to shoot for my extra while I am there.
            It takes approximately three and a half to four hours to cover the Technician Class Exam Pool. The amount of time for General and Extra are considerably more than that. Given the limited number of people who would be willing to give up their entire con to sit in a license class, we have not done anything beyond just looking at the amount of material to be covered. If enough interest is expressed we may consider this for next year.

Originally posted by hunter View Post
            What time is the Wireless village open? Will it be open Thursday?
            No, the Wireless Village will not be open on Thursday this year.

The hours of Operation are:

Friday 1000 - 1930; (1000 - 1200 will be for Technician Class License class)
            Saturday 1000 - 2000; (1000 - 1200 will be for Technician Class License class)
            Sunday 1000 - 1600;

I will be posting a preliminary schedule of events soon but I can assure you there will be a lot of interesting material presented this year.
            DaKahuna

Comment

Here is the tentative schedule of events for the Defcon XX Wireless Village

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nkxUXR0NEVFX1E
              DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                To the best of my knowledge there will be no exams this year. Two of the three leads from the last two years are not in attendance this year. I have not heard of anyone else making arrangements for an exam.
                doh! i was looking forward to taking my technician and maybe general exam this year!

Comment

Originally posted by spacehog View Post
                  doh! i was looking forward to taking my technician and maybe general exam this year!
                  Sorry to diappoint you. Maybe there will be an exam cycle for DC21. It all depends on interest and judging by this year, the HAM exam seems to be a 'hold it and they will come' as only about 10 people asked about the exams.

If more people express an interest in taking the exams maybe we can generate enough interest to get three VE's willing to conduct the exams.

BTW, I only had two people attend 85% or more of the Element 2 class I conducted again this year. Debating on whether to bring it back next year or not.
                  DaKahuna

Comment

Working...
                  X