Past years writeups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past years writeups?

Is anyone aware of write ups from past years? I'm interested in giving this a go this year, but I'd like to see a little more about both how the game is structured, and what kind of challenges have historically been involved.

Thanks

Re: Past years writeups?

I am sure others more knowledgeable with the specific details of CTP will post some specific answers to your question shortly, However you should just jump in, sign up and have fun. The great thing about CTP is you can be involved in a contest without having it consume the entire con. You play for an hour or so and you are done (unless you win then you compete again later) Its fun and educational at the same time.

You may have already seen this link, it has the rules, Faq and registration form.

https://www.capturethepacket.com/ctp_signup.html

Comment

Originally posted by jjarmoc View Post
      Is anyone aware of write ups from past years? I'm interested in giving this a go this year, but I'd like to see a little more about both how the game is structured, and what kind of challenges have historically been involved.

Thanks
      Even if there was a write-up, it may not be very helpful as we have changed parts of the game and made hundreds of new challenges.

I'll give you a quick general overview though.

It is a Jeopardy style board. Last years categories were: What's in that File, Trivia, Packet Madness, What's running on, and Say What?

Each team gets unique challenges to prevent collusion that will be injected into the traffic at some point in the 1 hour of game play. The network has gig's of general enterprise style traffic as well as quite a bit of other interesting things going on to make it realistic. In prior years we had a cleartext category where, for example it would say What's dt@defcon.com's password for 100 pts. and you would go through the traffic and find the traffic where he was logging in, then put the password into the answer box for the points.

I hope this helps.

-Riverside.
      Encrypt, or you'll regret it in the end.

Comment

Thanks, this is helpful.. I think I'll give it a go!

Comment

Working...
        X