Team Meet-up(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Meet-up(s)?

(Assuming "poised" moves to "official") was just wondering if teams wanted to meet up at some point at Con? Have some drinks, meet new people, discuss the mental torture that we have willingly and enthusiastically signed up for, decompress, totally social engineer each other out of mC secrets and solutions....the usual....

Anyway, figure we can use this thread to coordinate if people are interested.

Similarly, we're planning on doing a Psychoholics Drunken Security Talks thing on Friday evening in the common area. Assuming the mC hasn't taken over our lives by then, feel free to swing on by. We'll be giving some informal/interactive talks while drinking. Should be fun. Drinking not required (ie. @smittyhalibut), but recommended.

Also, last time around, we got many of the teams together at Hoffbrauhaus after awards ceremony. LosT even showed up, which was awesome. Anyone interested in doing that again?

-PunkAB

Re: Team Meet-up(s)?

Originally posted by PunkAB View Post
    (Assuming "poised" moves to "official") was just wondering if teams wanted to meet up at some point at Con? Have some drinks, meet new people, discuss the mental torture that we have willingly and enthusiastically signed up for, decompress, totally social engineer each other out of mC secrets and solutions....the usual....
    Sounds cool to me. Figure if you have the chops to actually compete in mC, you're probably someone we want to hang out with.

Also, last time around, we got many of the teams together at Hoffbrauhaus after awards ceremony. LosT even showed up, which was awesome. Anyone interested in doing that again?
    I know I am, but then I'm a Psychoholic, so you could probably have guessed that.
    perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Comment

Hey, sounds like a blast! If my butt is not sore by the end of Defcon, it could use a little tap.

My name is Voltage Spike, and I'm a Psychoholic.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike View Post
        My name is Voltage Spike, and I'm a Psychoholic.
        Me too, as once you're a Psychoholic, you're always a Psychoholic.

Comment

Originally posted by pukingmonkey View Post
          Me too, as once you're a Psychoholic, you're always a Psychoholic.
          Psychoholics, the herpes of Defcon teams.

Don't worry, you can't get it from simply sharing a drink.

Comment

If alcohol is involved Team Awesome is sure to show up. And Friday always seems to be surprisingly light on the partying compared to the rest of the week so it's a good choice.

-ShaneX

Comment

Originally posted by SniperX View Post
              If alcohol is involved Team Awesome is sure to show up. And Friday always seems to be surprisingly light on the partying compared to the rest of the week so it's a good choice.
              You won't want to miss it then, since the first "talk" is making warp core breaches using items in your hotel room.

Comment

Originally posted by SniperX View Post

-ShaneX
                I feel there should be a points multiplier for the team that can maintain the highest % BAC throughout the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by glasswalk3r View Post
                  I feel there should be a points multiplier for the team that can maintain the highest % BAC throughout the challenge.
                  For mC, I encourage everyone not on team psychoholics to get as drunk as they like.

Comment

Anyway, figure we can use this thread to coordinate if people are interested.

Similarly, we're planning on doing a Psychoholics Drunken Security Talks thing on Friday evening in the common area. Assuming the mC hasn't taken over our lives by then, feel free to swing on by. We'll be giving some informal/interactive talks while drinking. Should be fun. Drinking not required (ie. @smittyhalibut), but recommended.

-PunkAB
                    I'm game. I shouldn't be hard to find. You know the scrawny guy...oh nevermind. If there's going to be some initial meeting w/ this mC we can do our meet and greet there. If not - there should be and I nominate PunkAB to take the helm on that. ;)

Are the majority of folks going to be in on Thursday or would it be better to plan for something Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by noxxe View Post
                      I'm game. I shouldn't be hard to find. You know the scrawny guy...oh nevermind. If there's going to be some initial meeting w/ this mC we can do our meet and greet there. If not - there should be and I nominate PunkAB to take the helm on that. ;)

Are the majority of folks going to be in on Thursday or would it be better to plan for something Friday?
                      I'll be there on Thursday. I'm a local, so it was just taking the day off work.

Comment

Working...
                      X