Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prize announcement and tool list

Hello Everyone!

ANNOUNCEMENT: The grand prize will be a new 16gb iPad! We will also have some additional swag.

Official Start Time: 12:00 PM, Friday, July 27, 2012

Defcon 20 is a few weeks away and now is the time to start preparing! I've put together a list of tools which will come in handy if you plan in participating in our contest this year. The list is by no means complete but should serve as a good starting place.

- Computer w/ Linux and/or VMWare
    - External CD drive
    As usual the contest will be provided on a CD. If you're using a netbook or other computer lacking in an optical drive, you will either need to beg someone to copy it to a USB for you or bring an external CD drive. We will have ONE of these drives on hand available on a first come first served basis.
    - Truecrypt
    - Wireshark/nshark
    - Linux command line tools, like strings ;)
    - Bless (Or equivalent HEX editor)
    - Tcpdump
    - 7zip
    - Various scripts found at http://forensicscontest.com/tools
    - Network Miner
    - ...and more!

I look forward to seeing everyone again, I hope you are all prepared.

Cheers!
    NFPC Team
    Last edited by Triskt; July 11, 2012, 13:17.

Re: Prize announcement and tool list

I started this contest but didn't finish before the contest area closed Sunday. When will you post the keys to open the rest of the challenges? I'd like to at least work through them all. Thanks!

SD

Comment

Yes! We have posted the keys on http://forensicscontest.com and I'll repost them here as well. In the next few weeks we'll be posting contest statistics, winners, walkthrough, downloads, etc. We had over 350 teams sign up and at over 200 made it past the first round while at the con!

Decryption Keys:
      Contest Container: W3lc0m3toNFPC2012@defcon
      Round2: Aw3s0m3s4uc3@
      Round3: DFC=w00t!
      Round4: 4r3g3ttingh4rd
      Round5: tHiswi11b3fun#
      Round6: Th3R4c3is0n$

SPOILER ALERT::
      The answers are also on ForensicsContest.com if you want to check your success. Have fun!

Comment

by 'downloads' - will the puzzles be made available? I didn't get a chance to check this out at the con, but it looks like it might be fun :)
        It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by YenTheFirst View Post
          by 'downloads' - will the puzzles be made available? I didn't get a chance to check this out at the con, but it looks like it might be fun :)
          Yes! Once we're recovered from Defcon we'll be putting the packets online. I'll post here when we do...expect them in a week or two :)

-Trisk3t

Comment

Working...
          X