Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proxmark3-LCD at DC20

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Proxmark3-LCD at DC20

    Nullspace Labs will be back in the vendor area this year. And we will lots of fun 'learn to solder SMD' kits and random dev bits for yall.
    Last year we were asked many times if we could bring stuff pre-made and ready to use. And my initial reaction was, "no" as I think most of the fun is in building the stuff... but we have been keeping it in mind.

    There are a couple project at NSL that will probably never be kitted up as they are too complicated and the kitting would probably be more work than actually building it.
    One of these projects is the Proxmark3-LCD. It is a free standing version of this: http://proxmark3.com/
    Battery powered with a built in display, it allows you to emulate, program and MitM RFID systems.
    Up till now the only way to get one of these was to build them yourself.

    So if there is significant interest we will build some and have them for sale in the vendor area.

    At the special Defcon 20 price of $299 do you think you would be interested?

    This isnt a solicitation for sale, or even for reserving a unit... I just wanna gauge interest as there is less than 2 weeks from con and we are trying to figure out where we should spend our time/money.

    Cheers,

    -M

  • #2
    Re: Proxmark3-LCD at DC20

    Originally posted by mmca View Post
    Nullspace Labs will be back in the vendor area this year. And we will lots of fun 'learn to solder SMD' kits and random dev bits for yall.
    Last year we were asked many times if we could bring stuff pre-made and ready to use. And my initial reaction was, "no" as I think most of the fun is in building the stuff... but we have been keeping it in mind.

    There are a couple project at NSL that will probably never be kitted up as they are too complicated and the kitting would probably be more work than actually building it.
    One of these projects is the Proxmark3-LCD. It is a free standing version of this: http://proxmark3.com/
    Battery powered with a built in display, it allows you to emulate, program and MitM RFID systems.
    Up till now the only way to get one of these was to build them yourself.

    So if there is significant interest we will build some and have them for sale in the vendor area.

    At the special Defcon 20 price of $299 do you think you would be interested?

    This isnt a solicitation for sale, or even for reserving a unit... I just wanna gauge interest as there is less than 2 weeks from con and we are trying to figure out where we should spend our time/money.

    Cheers,

    -M

    mmca asked about this being spam, and the mods discussed it. It is much like requests people have had on the forums asking about which design to use for tee shirts, how much they will cost based on design, and how many to bring.

    Feel free to express interest in the forums, but if you reply, please don't try to arrange for a sale/purchase over the forums; you can do that in PM where we won't see it, but we don't want the forums becoming a craigslist, or space for advertsing.

    Thanks mmca for asking about this. :-)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Proxmark3-LCD at DC20

      I just wanna gauge interest
      More than interested..me want!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Proxmark3-LCD at DC20

        im interested and iknow you said they would be prebuilt. but building is the best part about electronic projects. Though no building means more defcon time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Proxmark3-LCD at DC20

          Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
          im interested and iknow you said they would be prebuilt. but building is the best part about electronic projects. Though no building means more defcon time.
          We will also have the unpopulated PCBs at the table.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Proxmark3-LCD at DC20

            call me crazy but did these sell out quick or was i looking in the wrong spot because when i gotten in there to check it out i didn't see any

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Proxmark3-LCD at DC20

              Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
              call me crazy but did these sell out quick or was i looking in the wrong spot because when i gotten in there to check it out i didn't see any
              This thread has been copied to a New Thread to allow discussion to continue. This older thread in Defcon 20 planning is now closed. Please visit the copy in the "Defcon 20 Recovery" forum to continue.

              Comment

              Working...
              X