Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registration open - save your donation time slot!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration open - save your donation time slot!!

The talks have been posted, the events have been announced. By now, everyone should have some idea of where they will be during the convention. So now is the time to save your personal blood donation appointment!

Based on last year's participation and the cool swag being given away this year, chances are all the donation appointments will be taken up quickly, so if you have a particular time you want to donate, please swing by to the following web site ASAP and pick your donation time. Here's how to do it:

Step 1: Go to the following web site - https://www.bloodhero.com/index.cfm?group=op
    Step 2: Enter "Defcon" in the box marked "Code"
    Step 3: Pick your preferred day for donation
    Step 4: Pick your time
    Step 5: Be at the donation center 10 minutes before your chosen time

We are going all out this year, and have a ton of time slots - let's fill every one of them up!! See you at the con!!

Re: Registration open - save your donation time slot!!

If you do not have a Donor ID you can find your preferred appointment time and then go here:

https://www.bloodhero.com/index.cfm?...intment&opID=0

Comment

giving blood 10am Friday....note to self: must remember not start drinking before then.

Comment

Originally posted by sagealicious View Post
        giving blood 10am Friday....note to self: must remember not start drinking before then.
        The correct answer is: "Stop drinking by 6am."

Comment

Any chance of being able to donate on Thursday 7/26?
          'jazz

Comment

Originally posted by arahel_jazz View Post
            Any chance of being able to donate on Thursday 7/26?
            Sorry :-( they can only be here on Friday & Saturday

Comment

Got a slot early Friday. Hopefully I'll be half asleep and not notice the needle as needles creep me out.

I'm pretty sure I can manage 3-4 hours of sobriety for a good cause. Thanks for clarifying that, and thanks for offering online reregistration this year. I tried to donate last year, but slots filled up before I got a chance.
              I've got 99 problems, but a Mac ain't one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayson.Street View Post
                Sorry :-( they can only be here on Friday & Saturday
                If we fill this entire schedule up (and do so well before the convention), we can have a discussion with the organization and expand it into Thursday for next year... it's the same thing as always - people who don't know about defcon always underestimate defcon. Let's make them wish they extended Thursday through Sunday by filling up all the pre-registration slots!!

:)

Comment

Originally posted by RCon View Post
                  ...thanks for offering online reregistration this year. I tried to donate last year, but slots filled up before I got a chance.
                  Yeah, the online scheduling is definitely nice. They will still accept walk-ins during times that don't get filled, but I would rather have people standing outside as alternates hoping that someone doesn't show up for their appointment, than to rely on walk-ins to keep the donation chairs full... and at the rate people are signing up, I believe we'll be looking at a serious number of gallons of blood leaving the building during the drive. ;-)

Comment

Scheduled for friday at 3PM

Comment

Scheduled for friday at 3:20pm myself
                      "They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war there is nothing sweet or fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."

-- Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Just booked my spot, just got to remember not to over do it the night before

Comment

Damn, that was easy. I will be providing a pint of my finest O Neg.

Comment

Saturday now has over half of the donation times reserved!! Excellent start!

However, we only have 4 people signed up for Saturday out of 58 spots. Let's make sure we fill both days so they know how serious and charitable hackers are.

:-)

Comment

Saturday now has over half of the donation times reserved!! Excellent start!

However, we only have 4 people signed up for Saturday out of 58 spots. Let's make sure we fill both days so they know how serious and charitable hackers are.

:-)

Comment

Working...
                              X