Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important: Tamper Evident Wiki submission information

All,

I’m your (occasionally) friendly Tamper Evident Contest wiki and forums administrator (‘daddict’ on tamperevidentwiki.com).

All teams have been created accounts. The first person listed in your team roster (as found here: https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=12936) should have a forum/wiki password mailed to them before Sunday morning. This account will be used to submit your results from the contest. Your team’s name will be the account name for the wiki/forum. In some cases where the first team member doesn't map to a DEF CON forum name, the 2nd name listed was sent the password.

Your team will have the ability to create wiki entries and edit them in the DC 20 contest area (https://www.tamperevidentwiki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30). You will not be able to see any other teams postings, and non-contestants won’t be able to enter this contest area. After the contest we’ll unprotect these entries so the world can see your mind-blowing work.

For each challenge you’ll fill out a Vulnerability Assessment Form. An example form that’s been filled out can be found here: https://www.tamperevidentwiki.com/sh...c+Padlock+Seal. In addition to filling out the body of the form, add tags (as found in the example). A template has been created that you can base each entry from: view the source and paste into a new post and fill in with content. Pics should be uploaded to the server and then referenced in your post (see example above). The template can be found here: https://www.tamperevidentwiki.com/sh...port:+template. Note that the template will change to reflect the example report.

I recommend logging in and playing around with the wiki software (uploading an image, referencing it, etc) before DEF CON starts so you’ll be familiar with it (and to ensure that I didn’t send you the wrong password or ‘accidentally’ name your team something vaguely obscene).

If you have any feedback on the example (which the template will be based upon), let me know, ideally before Tuesday, at which point I’ll be flying thousands of miles towards DEF CON. Having me fix problems before I’m onsite and in ‘con mode’ will greatly increase your chances of satisfaction.

Happy tampering!
    -dead addict
    Last edited by dead addict; July 21, 2012, 21:38.

Re: Important: Tamper Evident Wiki submission information

Originally posted by dead addict View Post
    All,

I’m your (occasionally) friendly Tamper Evident Contest wiki and forums administrator (‘daddict’ on tamperevidentwiki.com).

All teams have been created accounts. The first person listed in your team roster (as found here: https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=12936) should have a forum/wiki password mailed to them before Sunday morning. This account will be used to submit your results from the contest. Your team’s name will be the account name for the wiki/forum. In some cases where the first team member doesn't map to a DEF CON forum name, the 2nd name listed was sent the password.

Your team will have the ability to create wiki entries and edit them in the DC 20 contest area (https://www.tamperevidentwiki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30). You will not be able to see any other teams postings, and non-contestants won’t be able to enter this contest area. After the contest we’ll unprotect these entries so the world can see your mind-blowing work.

For each challenge you’ll fill out a Vulnerability Assessment Form. An example form that’s been filled out can be found here: https://www.tamperevidentwiki.com/sh...c+Padlock+Seal. In addition to filling out the body of the form, add tags (as found in the example). A template has been created that you can base each entry from: view the source and paste into a new post and fill in with content. Pics should be uploaded to the server and then referenced in your post (see example above). The template can be found here: https://www.tamperevidentwiki.com/sh...port:+template. Note that the template will change to reflect the example report.

I recommend logging in and playing around with the wiki software (uploading an image, referencing it, etc) before DEF CON starts so you’ll be familiar with it (and to ensure that I didn’t send you the wrong password or ‘accidentally’ name your team something vaguely obscene).

If you have any feedback on the example (which the template will be based upon), let me know, ideally before Tuesday, at which point I’ll be flying thousands of miles towards DEF CON. Having me fix problems before I’m onsite and in ‘con mode’ will greatly increase your chances of satisfaction.

Happy tampering!
    -dead addict
    This is me confirming that "daddict" is involved with this and is an Admin on the www.TamperEvidentWiki.com website, working to help DT with this contest.

Thanks daddict!
    -Cot

Comment

I'm assuming my team user is now on the 'troll only' list, as I tried to play with the wiki, and I lack the permission to do so.

Comment

Thanks shunky!

I had verified that you can start to create an article, but once you get past creating a title you get told to FOAD... I'm investigating currently.

Originally posted by ShunkyDave View Post
        I'm assuming my team user is now on the 'troll only' list, as I tried to play with the wiki, and I lack the permission to do so.

Comment

So, all, new plan....

Use the template link above (and the example above), and save your results locally during the contest. On sunday (the day to submit results) upload your results... The clever permission system I had worked out turned out to, well, not work...

You should all have permission to post in the DC20 Contest Wiki forum now (feel free to test this out).

Game on! (well, soon, soon).

-DA

Thanks shunky!

I had verified that you can start to create an article, but once you get past creating a title you get told to FOAD... I'm investigating currently.

Comment

Say, what ever happened to last year's TEW? We were supposed to be able to post our results, but despite my repeated attempts to not only post, but to locate other teams' info, I had no luck. Did our trials, tribulations and hangovers go entirely unnoticed?
            The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

Originally posted by snideology View Post
              Say, what ever happened to last year's TEW? We were supposed to be able to post our results, but despite my repeated attempts to not only post, but to locate other teams' info, I had no luck. Did our trials, tribulations and hangovers go entirely unnoticed?
              So previous information that was entered into the wiki is still present. The forms that teams filled out in previous years have also been converted to electronic form. I may unprotect the previous years wiki articles (if DT requests) before this years contest. Regardless, the current plan is to open up the entire wiki from previous years as well as populate the wiki with entries that were manually filled out. This activity should start right after DEF CON 20. The sample article was culled from previous years entries.

And wow, I'm sorry you didn't get to post your results (because I'll end up posting them myself). That being said, after con (or perhaps before it if DT wants me to open up the forum before then) we'll have those past years open for viewing. The logistics behind having previous years players filling out wiki's is to be determined (but if you want to participate on the wiki, I'll certainly bend over backwards to make this easy/possible).

This project was put on my plate shortly before DC20, and thus my main focus has been getting it ready for the upcoming contest (with example, template, etc), but my involvement will last beyond the contest (including opening up past content, populating manually filled in forms into the wiki, etc, etc).

Hope that was helpful.

-DA
              -DA

Comment

This project was put on my plate shortly before DC20, and thus my main focus has been getting it ready for the upcoming contest (with example, template, etc), but my involvement will last beyond the contest (including opening up past content, populating manually filled in forms into the wiki, etc, etc).

Hope that was helpful.

-DA
                -----
                Awesomeness, thanks! There seemed to be a bit of a posting & access issue after DC19, probably involving astounding hangovers; mine, primarily, I'm quite sure. I wish everyone well in the contest, and jealously crawl off to the wee corner... and shall contact you regarding TEW posting after you recover from DC20, so, what... May?
                The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

I am sad that the wiki does not accept css :( also are we allowed to create templates?

Comment

Working...
                  X