When will Defcon 21 Happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will Defcon 21 Happen?

DC20 was terrific. What are the dates for next year? Usually DT announces them at the end of the closing ceremony but I didnt hear him do that yesterday. Would love to know so I can plan ahead. Thanks!
    “I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

Re: When will Defcon 21 Happen?

Originally posted by number006 View Post
    DC20 was terrific. What are the dates for next year? Usually DT announces them at the end of the closing ceremony but I didnt hear him do that yesterday. Would love to know so I can plan ahead. Thanks!
    Maybe it because it was cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Taylor View Post
      Maybe it because it was cancelled?
      He'rd that all the way here in Ark-en-saw, so it MUST be true!
      The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

Any information CotMan?

Comment

Originally posted by Supralingua View Post
          Any information CotMan?
          A few people I follow tweeted their thoughts on when DC21 would be, based on the same formula as the last few years, but they are not goons. I'm not really the person to answer this. For an official answer on when Defcon 21 will happen, you'll have to wait for Nikita, DT, or one of the other people that would have an official answer on this to pass on the official answer.

As for the *historical* formula that has been a good *historical* predictor of when Defcon will happen:
          * Find out when BlackHat USA (Las Vegas) will happen, and assume Defcon will begin the same week through to the weekend. [1]

[1] -- Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

(This "formula" is not a secret, and has been discussed in public on these forums and elsewhere for many years, but without an official announcement, is what many people have used to make plans for next year.)

Other disclaimers:

* Use at your own risk.
          * Objects in mirror are closer that they appear.
          * This is not a step.
          * Do not iron clothing while you wear it.
          * Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using this.
          * If erections last more than 4 hours, contact your physician.
          * All other disclaimers that should apply, are applied.
          * Do not eat this post.
          * Do not use this post to dry your pets.
          * Do not insert into penis.
          * By reading or copying this message you agree to the terms and conditions, and accept all responsibility for using this.
          Last edited by TheCotMan; July 31, 2012, 23:39.

Comment

Thanks TheCotMan, makes perfect sense.

Comment

From http://www.rollercon.net/ :

RollerCon US 2013: Las Vegas, July 31st – Aug 4th

Defcon planners, please note this. If there is a more important influence on Defcon dates, I cannot fathom it.

Comment

Just this statistic about Rollercon is enough to make us stop in our tracks:

Your gender:
                Female 76%
                Male 16%

Comment

Since DEF CON has traditionally fallen on the same week as Black Hat USA and our dates for Black Hat USA 2013 are going to be July 27 - August 1, you could hazard a guess that DEF CON 21 is going to take place August 1st - August 4th 2013. Hope this helps.
                  .: Grifter :.

Comment

Is Defcon getting later each year? Feels like it....

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                      When doing my research on the DEFCON culture (I didn't want to do any social faux pas for my first DEFCON), I read it was usually the last week of July or the first week of August. I could be wrong though. If you wish to thwap me around a bit with my large trout for being wrong, let me know! ;)
                      “Should we all confess our sins to one another we would all laugh at one another for our lack of originality” - Kahlil Gibran

"Show me a sane man, and I will cure him for you." -- Carl Jung

Comment

Originally posted by CWB View Post
                        When doing my research on the DEFCON culture (I didn't want to do any social faux pas for my first DEFCON), I read it was usually the last week of July or the first week of August. I could be wrong though. If you wish to thwap me around a bit with my large trout for being wrong, let me know! ;)
                        It's been the last weekend of July or the first Weekend of August for the past 8 or 9 years. The really early DEF CONs were earlier (June/July). All the dates for past DCs are on the DEF CON web page.
                        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                          This year was actually early, considering the past few years:
                          http://defcon.org/html/links/dc-archives.html

I am an official for a roller derby team, I am saddened by the scheduling conflict.

Comment

Working...
                          X