Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scavenger Hunt results published anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scavenger Hunt results published anywhere?

This was my first Scavenger Hunt and I must say that I enjoyed it immensely. I find myself looking for hunt items even now at home!

One thing, though ... it would be nice to see the final point standings. It's a bit disappointing to put so much work into it and only know that we (Team Meh) didn't finish in the top 4. I've never seen such standings in the past but I don't understand why. Can someone who knows please post the results?

Re: Scavenger Hunt results published anywhere?

You say you're still looking for things at home. To make your life easier, the list has been posted on our website, defconscavhunt dot com.

As for the final standings, if they get posted, that will be the place they will be.
    Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Our website is brand new, as in it was put up three days before con. Many of us travel very far away to get to Con and work very hard to make the contest happen. Our con starts 6 months in advance. We appreciate that you wish to know the final standings and we will get that up but please, give us all a chance to get home, get over whatever sick we caught touching so many people in three days, and get rehydrated and less hungover. I know myself and my husband have to fly to SINGAPORE to be "home" and that takes a while and the device we keep the scoring database in is detached and packed.

You will get the info. Please stand by.
      "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

was that the full list for this year, all 1425 items?
        It's not stupid, it's advanced.

Comment

OM5: The final scores are posted.

eris: I completely agree with everything you just said.

Yen: Yes, that was this years list. It's a compilation of all lists from all 15 years the Scavenger Hunt has been running.
          Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Originally posted by Salem View Post

Yen: Yes, that was this years list. It's a compilation of all lists from all 15 years the Scavenger Hunt has been running.
            @Salem: That's fantastic! Thank you! I was just hoping for the scores to be posted sometime. To have them already is a bonus!

@Eris: I also agree and very much appreciate all of the work that all of you put into the Scavenger Hunt. I personally also appreciated the conversations that I managed to have with the judges at the table while submitting items. You were all busy but managed to make time to make the experience even more personal.

My Scavenger Hunt experience is now complete, except for the compulsive checking-out of taxi cabs for the number 19!

Comment

Originally posted by Salem View Post

For those that may not have gotten the link, or forgot it, scores and other information can be found at http://defconscavhunt.com/
              "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Working...
              X