Defcon 21 location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon 21 location

I do believe in stupid questions and this probably is one. But is defcon 21 confirmed for the RIO? I can not remember if it was stated at closing ceremonies last year or not.

Re: Defcon 21 location

Yes at the rio, probably for the next several years.

Kallahar
    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Well we know the location now.

What is the date of the event plus when do tickets go on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by malachai View Post
        Well we know the location now.

What is the date of the event plus when do tickets go on sale?
        Date? Tickets? I just got an email explaining that DC21 is cancelled...
        "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by sintax_error View Post
          Date? Tickets? I just got an email explaining that DC21 is cancelled...
          Really are you kidding me... post it so we all could read it.

Comment

You didn't get that message? I thought all registered forum members did... Oh well.

You could check the main Defcon website to see when and where it was going to be. If it wasn't canceled, that is. Too bad though.
            Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Tickets go on sale the day the con starts (thursday). Cash only, at the door, or you can pay $20 extra and buy them in the dark alley next to the bar to avoid the line. The trick is to find one of the guys in a defcon shirt over 5 years old, buy them a Guinness, and they'll tell you where to go.

Kallahar
              --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Originally posted by Salem View Post
                You didn't get that message? I thought all registered forum members did... Oh well.

You could check the main Defcon website to see when and where it was going to be. If it wasn't canceled, that is. Too bad though.
                I agree with the dates but no where that I saw did it confirm location. I assumed the RIO but wanted to double check before making room reservations. However I suppose none of that matters as it is cancelled this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lanrofls View Post
                  I agree with the dates but no where that I saw did it confirm location. I assumed the RIO but wanted to double check before making room reservations. However I suppose none of that matters as it is cancelled this year.

It was canceled last year and the year before that. In fact it has never *actually* occurred as it has always been canceled.

Comment

Have you seen that line the last few (10) years.. $20 extra would be cheap.

Originally posted by kallahar View Post
                    Tickets go on sale the day the con starts (thursday). Cash only, at the door, or you can pay $20 extra and buy them in the dark alley next to the bar to avoid the line. The trick is to find one of the guys in a defcon shirt over 5 years old, buy them a Guinness, and they'll tell you where to go.

Kallahar

Comment

I would always advise against booking rooms unless the location is a certainty. If it's not been announced, or hadn't been specifically brought up in the closing ceremonies of the prior con, don't be surprised if you get hosed. Two years is long enough to merit going somewhere larger and nicer if the opportunity presents itself.
                      #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

Originally posted by kampf View Post
                        I would always advise against booking rooms unless the location is a certainty. If it's not been announced, or hadn't been specifically brought up in the closing ceremonies of the prior con, don't be surprised if you get hosed. Two years is long enough to merit going somewhere larger and nicer if the opportunity presents itself.
                        I agree with Kamph here, I would hold no assumptions at all on future cons. However this year it will be at the Rio and I've asked Neil to update the FAQ so there is no longer any doubt in anyone's minds. We will update the site and make announcements unless a change of venue warrants secrecy :-) But the past being any indicator it's like Kamph said, we'd announce it at closing ceremonies if we are moving.
                        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by kampf View Post
                          I'd slightly argue the point. Unlike you're completely broke, at least making reservations isn't completely a bad idea. Defcon rooms do book and sell-out quickly, and (unless you botch it) you can usually back out of a reservation, no fuss, no muss, up to a week before you're scheduled to arrive. And while Vegas hotels usually charge a night's stay as a deposit, this usually isn't more than $100-120. Well worth it, unless you LIKE doing the drunken stumble across Tropicana to the Palms for 5 nights straight after Defcon parties.
                          I check my sanity with a wristwatch. What do you check yours with, a dipstick?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                            I agree with Kamph here, I would hold no assumptions at all on future cons. However this year it will be at the Rio and I've asked Neil to update the FAQ so there is no longer any doubt in anyone's minds. We will update the site and make announcements unless a change of venue warrants secrecy :-) But the past being any indicator it's like Kamph said, we'd announce it at closing ceremonies if we are moving.
                            Don't listen to her IT'S A TRAP! Defcon got cancelled and she wants to make people waste money and time!!!! >.>
                            Saving the world one computer at a time...

or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X