This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Veterans Meetup

In the wake of last year's amazing turnout, and pending approval of room space (of which we've already asked), we plan on having another Military Veterans Meetup at DEFCON this year. More information will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.

http://www.myleverage.org/milvet/
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Re: Military Veterans Meetup

Maybe we can wear rank or a vet ballcap with logo as a conversation starter?

Comment

Still in Afghanistan and DEFCON 21 will be my first so I won't know anyone there. Vet's meeting up sounds awesome and I'll definitely be there

Comment

Originally posted by W@Rp7 View Post
        Still in Afghanistan and DEFCON 21 will be my first so I won't know anyone there. Vet's meeting up sounds awesome and I'll definitely be there
        I've been there twice my friend, you will find plenty of folks with which you have a lot in common. Get back in one piece!

Comment

I'm in Japan right now but will also be at DEFCON 21, and my first DC. At first I wasn't sure if there would be any other military people there. I won't be there until Friday evening most likely but hopefully I'll run into some of you there.

Comment

>>Maybe we can wear rank or a vet ballcap with logo as a conversation starter? <<

Remember OPSEC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tess View Post
              >>Maybe we can wear rank or a vet ballcap with logo as a conversation starter? <<

Remember OPSEC.
              Damn Privates giving all our secrets away...
              I'll dawn some apparel that will be recognizable to other Vets but it would be cool to have a rally point that we could shoot an azimuth to:) I was planning to check out the shootout pending my weapon system situation. I also want to catch as many talks as possible since I have a shit ton to learn; having said that, I plan to let loose as much as possible with as many parties that I can:) I get home in July so I'll have plenty of need for decompression in the form of shots. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Tess View Post

Remember OPSEC.
                Well wear your rank, not your paragraph and line number!

Comment

Rank wearing is not really an issue but I will just try to remember to bring a ship ballcap to wear. OPSEC is always good of course.

Comment

I'll be there in a ship's ballcap!

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                      In the wake of last year's amazing turnout, and pending approval of room space (of which we've already asked), we plan on having another Military Veterans Meetup at DEFCON this year. More information will be forthcoming in the next few weeks.

http://www.myleverage.org/milvet/
                      Forum created, thread moved, please let me know what you want a forum description. Presently, it is "TBA" with links to your site (above) and twitter account.

Thanks!
                      -Cot

Comment

Damn Privates giving all our secrets away...
                        Oh good lord that is funny astcell! I don't think he realizes you were killing people before the army was even around! You address him as SENIOR MASTER SERGEANT GUNNY CAPTAIN KANGAROO SHITSTORM!!!

Can't wait to meet everyone again, this year i won't be yelling at you all in a red shirt and will take time to stop and chat promise!

For the guys that are new, find a red shirt goon and ask for raul. He will help you find the vets and booze that you deserve!
                        Saving the world one computer at a time...

or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

bon3z give the credit for that line to W@Rp7.

Last time we had a hallway. I felt terrible about that, we need a little better. I'd offer my room if I was getting a suite. Dangit.

There were a LOT of us, and I bet there are even more who did not get the word. Don't suppose we can get a mention either at opening ceremonies or DC101?

Will we have a fundraiser/charity/contribution link for the alcohol like last year? I love that the change went to a veteran's charity.

This gathering will be a watershed moment for me as I will be 90 days out from retirement. So NEXT year I'll have a cane and shoo you off my grass.
                          Last edited by astcell; June 6, 2013, 09:19.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                            Will we have a fundraiser/charity/contribution link for the alcohol like last year? I love that the change went to a veteran's charity.
                            Don't know yet. Still working on details...
                            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

I had to miss this last year due to a scheduling conflict. Looking forward to meeting up this year. Is anyone working on a DEF CON Vets challenge coin?
                              .: Grifter :.

Comment

Working...
                              X