Queercon 10 - Back for our 10th Year at Defcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queercon 10 - Back for our 10th Year at Defcon

Queercon will be back celebrating its 10th Year at Defcon. What started out as a few gays at the Alexis Park hanging out at the pool has grown into hundreds of Gay and Lesbian hackers coming together to show that there are plenty of us out in the Hacking community.

We have all types of events and gatherings planned, so keep your eye out for all the announcements.

Cant wait to see everyone again this year!

Re: Queercon 10 - Back for our 10th Year at Defcon

Originally posted by painterj360 View Post
    Queercon will be back celebrating its 10th Year at Defcon. What started out as a few gays at the Alexis Park hanging out at the pool has grown into hundreds of Gay and Lesbian hackers coming together to show that there are plenty of us out in the Hacking community.
    Don't forget that you host one of the best parties and attract the straight hacker community too!
    Saving the world one computer at a time...

or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by b0n3z View Post
      Don't forget that you host one of the best parties and attract the straight hacker community too!
      b0n3z of course we love our straight hackers too! Make sure to round up all your friends and stop by our party this year, its going to be epic!

Comment

Make sure to round up all your friends and stop by our party this year, its going to be epic!
        Will do. Can I make a request? I was on duty with Priest last year gooning and someone happened to pop a balloon twice while I was there. Now normally I wouldn't give two shits and would pop them all...but it happened to flare up some serious PTSD moments, in which priest immediately drug me out of there. So for the sake of crazy vets, can we keep gunshot noises to a minimum? <3

Comment

Will do. Can I make a request? I was on duty with Priest last year gooning and someone happened to pop a balloon twice while I was there. Now normally I wouldn't give two shits and would pop them all...but it happened to flare up some serious PTSD moments, in which priest immediately drug me out of there. So for the sake of crazy vets, can we keep gunshot noises to a minimum? <3
          In our defense those particular balloons would pop if you looked at them the wrong way, I think I had 4 or 5 pop in my face when I was helping blow them up.

Comment

Originally posted by paleck View Post
            In our defense those particular balloons would pop if you looked at them the wrong way, I think I had 4 or 5 pop in my face when I was helping blow them up.
            Ok good to know. And wasn't trying to accuse or be angry towards anyone, just expressing a possible issue for some...or maybe just me. <3

Comment

Ok good to know. And wasn't trying to accuse or be angry towards anyone, just expressing a possible issue for some...or maybe just me. <3
              For what we have planned this year, I dont think balloons will be on the decorating list so shouldnt have any problems this year...

Comment

b0n3z of course we love our straight hackers too! Make sure to round up all your friends and stop by our party this year, its going to be epic!
                Great to know! I've been attending since I first "accidentally" stumbled in a few years back. I've always enjoyed it, but visited this thread today intending to ask if I was welcome, or just very politely tolerated. Is there anything I might do to give back?

I assume that there will be a bartender again. Does that make bringing refreshments for sharing not such a good idea?

Warm regards!

Surreal

Comment

Working...
                X