Two Weeks Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Weeks Left

Two weeks remain in the Short Story Contest. There are no entries as of yet.

Don't let the theme hold you back. You aren't writing an entire novel, we don't need complete back history, only enough detail to anchor your piece of the world 21 years from now. Writing about medical exploration? A summation of the advances along the way that lead to your place in time will do. Think of it as a "Previously on..." voiceover equivalent.

There are three prizes. If you don't enter, you don't stand a chance of winning.

Let's go, writers, pen to paper, chop chop!
    "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Re: Two Weeks Left

Excellent job! Submissions are starting to roll in! Keep it up, let's see some more!

Comment

Working on my story, will submit it just before the June 1 deadline.
      “I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

Comment

Originally posted by number006 View Post
        Working on my story, will submit it just before the June 1 deadline.

Looking forward to reading it!

Comment

ONE DAY LEFT.

This contest will close at 12:00 Midnight(2400 hours) Friday, May 31, 2013, Pacific Time, United States.

Any and all submissions received via email after that date and time will not be considered.

Get your stories finished, polished, and submitted!

People's Choice Poll will be posted Saturday, June 1, 2013, right here on the forums. Tell your friends to vote!

REVISED TO FIX INCORRECT DEADLINE DATE AND TIME DUE TO INTERNATIONAL DATE LINE MIXUP! APPY OLLY GEES! Didn't mean to panic anyone. Keep on writing!!!!
          Last edited by eris; May 30, 2013, 18:40.

Comment

Aren't you premature? The contest announcement says "The contest is now open and will close June 1st, 2013" June 1st doesn't begin until 12:00 midnight on Friday, May 31. If I am following the instructions, I and anyone else submitting have until 12 midnight Friday night; please clarify. Thanks.
            “I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

Comment

Aren't you premature? The contest announcement says "The contest is now open and will close June 1st, 2013" June 1st doesn't begin until 12:00 midnight on Friday, May 31. If I am following the instructions, I and anyone else submitting have until 12 midnight Friday night; please clarify. Thanks.
              Absolutely correct, and thank you for pointing out my mistake. I have revised the post!

Comment

Thanks! Will be submitting my story sometime tomorrow.

Comment

OK, I emailed it in tonight.

Comment

Just submitted my story DEF CON IS CANCELED.

Comment

Originally posted by reminy View Post
                      OK, I emailed it in tonight.
                      Just submitted my story DEF CON IS CANCELED.

All emails with submissions thus far received have been replied to. If you have not been replied to, please double check the email address used and resend.

P.S. DEF CON IS CANCELLED was received. DEFCON XLII was received. Confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                      X