Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon Artwork

Hello,
    I didn't see a better place for this so i apologize in advance. I was wondering what are the rules regarding the official defcon artwork. A group of us are looking to do something to give out for free and kind of wanted to use the official defcon logo in part. While not wanting to step on heals i was wondering if anyone has done something like this before and could guide in right direction or if its not allowed at all.

BS

Re: Defcon Artwork

Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
    Hello,
    I didn't see a better place for this so i apologize in advance. I was wondering what are the rules regarding the official defcon artwork. A group of us are looking to do something to give out for free and kind of wanted to use the official defcon logo in part. While not wanting to step on heals i was wondering if anyone has done something like this before and could guide in right direction or if its not allowed at all.

BS
    A reference to help provide a framework from which to start:

URL1=https://defcon.hackingyour.net/faq
    That is a URL for the Vendor FAQ which includes a section:

Originally posted by URL1
    5) Can I use the Def Con Logo in my designs?
    The text "DEF CON" and all iterations and versions may be used on clothing items and stickers only. The text must appear in conjunction with "21" or "2013" or "twenty-one", etc to designate that the item is specific to this year's conference. Items with any iteration of DEF CON 21 may not be advertised or sold publicly after August 15.

All other items such as barware (glass, plastic, metal or otherwise), toys, electronic items, etc may not contain any version of the text DEF CON without prior permission. Items containing only the text DEF CON in any iteration may not be sold. Not sure if any of this stuff applies to your stuff? Just ask.

All other items such as barware (glass, plastic, metal or otherwise), toys, electronic items, etc may not contain any version of the text DEF CON without prior permission. Items containing only the text DEF CON in any iteration may not be sold. Not sure if any of this stuff applies to your stuff? Just ask.

Under no circumstances may the DEF CON logo of any version (past or present) appear on any merchandise that will be sold by persons other than the official DEF CON swag booth.

The idea is for the vendors to create specific DEF CON 21 merchandise, not generic DEF CON stuff.

Any vendor who is found in violation of this regulation will have any offending items confiscated and will be removed from the vendor floor.

Email chris [at] defcon dot org with any questions.
    If you are NOT a vendor, this may not apply 100% as it is written, for you, but knowing what vendors are given permission to do should help you get started.

Additionally, most of the present DEF CON artwork is done by Neil. It is likely you would need his permission in addition to complying with rules similar to those in the Vendor FAQ before using his creations how you want.

With all of this in mind, you could ask Chris , even if you are not a vendor, and he may know who you might want to talk to about this.

(Chris is also an Admin on the forums.)

HTH,
    -Cot

Comment

Re: Defcon Artwork

Thanks cot, i will send off an email. I found that but saw it applied to selling which we aren't but it could apply similarly. Or maybe someone will see and post before i get to that.

Comment

Working...
      X