Tamper Evident Village and Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamper Evident Village and Contest

In case you were wondering, YES there will be some Tamper Evident Action this year.

New for this year there will be the Tamper Evident Village. It will be the first year of this, so expect some inflight turbulence.
    The idea is to expose people to all the various seals and tapes and bags that I have collected over the years for the contest. Because you usually have to buy in large quantities I have hundreds of seals that will never be used, so this is a way to get them into peoples hands and let them work on them together, much like what the excellent lock pick village has done over the years.

Because it is the first year I am looking for feedback on what to bring besides the actual seals and tapes. (Looking at you here MFP) I hope to print out some signage and provide some FAQs for people new to it all.

There will also be a smaller TE Contest, organized by WiK and the MFP if I am not mistaken. I'll leave it to them to describe their sign up process.

So:

1 - What should I bring to help the most people get engaged in the TEV ?
    2 - WiK and MFP - What should people do if they want to play?

See you guys soon!
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Re: Tamper Evident Village and Contest

Well, This is the first I'm hearing of this, but I'm totally in. MFP and DT let me know what I can do to help make this awesome.
    Vell, WiK's just zis guy

Comment

The Tamper Evident Village should be in a locked room and you need to pick your way into it to qualify for the event. :-)

Comment

Hey DT,

Mass amounts of seals would be most helpful. We have signs for the inside of the village but it'd be great to get a defcon-styled posterboard to point people inside. I also assume this is mentioned in the programs and on the floorplan so people can easily find and get to the village. I made a post here https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=13456 detailing the list of attractions for this year's village.

datagram
        [mfp]

Comment

Also, we are not running the contest (We would have, but this the first time i'm hearing about it and I don't think we have time to do both). Kive and Stits are running the contest.

datagram
          [mfp]

Comment

Originally posted by datagram View Post
            Also, we are not running the contest (We would have, but this the first time i'm hearing about it and I don't think we have time to do both). Kive and Stits are running the contest.

datagram
            [mfp]
            Whoops, I think I originally mentioned Wik instead of Kive. Sorry for the confusion Wik!

DG, we should talk voice and get all coordinated up.
            PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

DT, please check your PM's.

-stits

Comment

Working...
              X