Registration for Crash and Compile at DEFCON 21 is now CLOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration for Crash and Compile at DEFCON 21 is now CLOSED

Registration for Crash and Compile: DC21 is now open!

Crash And Compile is a ACM-style programming contest crossed with a drinking game, where teams of two people try to solve as many programming problems as they can. As teams compile and run their programs, each time their code fails to compile, produces the incorrect output or segfaults, the team must drink. Meanwhile, our lovely Team Distraction will be doing what they can to make the job of programming while intoxicated all the more difficult and/or enjoyable.

If you are interested in competing in this year's contest, complete the registration:

We'll be holding a per-qualifcation round again this year. I'm changing it up how it's done however. Teams will get three problems of varrying difficulty level, and four hours to complete them. You get more points for completing a problem quicker than the other teams.

===

Registration goes like this: Send me (krux) a DM here on the forums with ALL of the following information:

----- snip! -----

Team name
    Participant 1
    Name/handle
    Email (1)
    Beer preference
    Participant 2 (optional)
    Name/handle
    Email
    Beer preference
    Programming language(s) of choice
    Explicit acknowledgement that both participants are over the legal drinking age in Las Vegas, Nevada (21 years old). IDs WILL BE CHECKED AND ENFORCED
    Explicit acknowledgement that you're willing to pay up to a $50 per participant entrance fee to help cover costs (3)

----- snip! -----

I don't need real names, but I DO need functional email addresses. I won't share email addresses with anyone, or use them for anything other than communicating with you about Crash and Compile: DC21. Team and participant names/handles will be published, so make sure you're ok with that.

Once you've registered, we'll contact you with details about the qualification round.

In addition to the 9 competing teams, we're also looking for volunteers for Team Distraction, and the non-drinking Team Control Group (see the rules for details). Unfortunately, by its very nature, TCG doesn't earn points. However TCG still gets to participate in the fun.

That's it for now. Feel free to ask questions here, in DM, or email krux at thcnet dot net.
    perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Re: Registration for Crash and Compile at DEFCON 21 is now open!

Originally posted by krux View Post
    Registration for Crash and Compile: DC21 is now open!
    I'll be keeping the registration open a few more days, but that window is quickly closing as teams finish up their pre-qualification round. If you were thinking of trying out for Crash and Compile, now is the time to get your team off their butts and get registered.

Comment

Since there is new management does team distraction need to qualify? I want team distraction to win last year was nearly, almost, pretty close-ish...kinda.

Comment

Originally posted by Penni-piper View Post
        Since there is new management does team distraction need to qualify? I want team distraction to win last year was nearly, almost, pretty close-ish...kinda.
        You're always welcome on Team Distraction.

Comment

Re: Registration for Crash and Compile at DEFCON 21 is now CLOSED!

Registration is now Closed.

Now we're just waiting on a few teams to finish up, or Monday night at midnight PST, which ever comes first.

How do you think you did?

Comment

Registration is now Closed.

Now we're just waiting on a few teams to finish up, or Monday night at midnight PST, which ever comes first.

Thread title revised to read "CLOSED" instead of "open" by user request.
            (This is public notification that I changed another user's content by user request.)

Thanks!
            -Cot

Comment

I'm confident team 0xdecaf qualified - but without saying too much, pretty pissed on the 'easy' one I spent way too much time tracking down a typo in my output - lesson learned.

Edit: And by pissed, I mean pissed at myself, certainly not at the grader!
              Last edited by pH_Boston; July 21, 2013, 08:26.

Comment

Working...
              X