Defcon 21 - Looking for a teammate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon 21 - Looking for a teammate

I was the team leader for team "Kevin Mitnick is a Faggot" during Defcon 19, which we won 1st place :p . I've also led several other Scavenger Hunt teams to 1st place victory over the years.

We are looking for one or more team members possibly, but be aware that my teams are known for doing some pretty insane things during Defcon. I push the whole team to the brink of alcohol poisoning just so that they can keep up the pace for 72 hours while we all struggle to finish off the list, and there are plenty of pictures floating around of me lying in various states of inebriation all over because of Scavenger Hunt.

I'm pretty sure someone has photos of me throwing up in every trashcan of the Riviera when I drank Tattoo Remover one year, and I sure hope nobody has videos of me running through the convention center in my boxers covered in Vicks vapor rub...

I was the camera man for this video during DC19 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaW-opIh7GE , which was one of the cooler stunts we've ever been able to pull of. We will never reveal how we accomplished that one .

If any of these things sounds appealing to you, or you've participated in Scavenger Hunt in the past and want to be on one of the "crazier" teams, email me - yamamushi (this is where that symbol thing goes) gmail.com , and find me during the pre-defcon party Wednesday night at the Alexis Park Pools.

Because we do some pretty -cough- questionable -cough- things, and working as a team requires some good organization, I only ask the following of the people who contact us:

- Be at least 18 years of age.
    - Have a cell phone capable of taking video/photos.
    - Don't get easily offended
    - Know a little hacker history, this will be self-explanatory when we announce our team name for this year.

One more side note of which few people are aware of, my team is going to be recording their full 72 hour Defcon Scav Hunt experience this year . We intend on editing the footage down into a coherent format and releasing it as a documentary on what it takes to win the Defcon Scavenger Hunt, the real reason we all keep coming back to it year and year again, and why I should not be trusted with alcohol.

-Yamamushi
    You don't "Win" Scavenger Hunt, you survive Scavenger Hunt.

Re: Defcon 21 - Looking for a teammate

Might be interested, but I'm putting together teams for a bunch of the other competitions as well.

Comment

Good to see that you're playing again this year! Don't worry, we've got plenty of awesome worked up for you.

Good luck, and as always, We'll see you at the table!
      Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Sent you an e-mail. I am pretty much not committed to anything. Went to my first DEFCON last year as a graduate student, this year I intend to enjoy it in all its glory.
        “Should we all confess our sins to one another we would all laugh at one another for our lack of originality” - Kahlil Gibran

"Show me a sane man, and I will cure him for you." -- Carl Jung

Comment

We've finished putting together our team, I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised by the goodies we bring

Salem - you never responded to any of my messages, jerk . It's all good though, I was thinking of you when we designed the ... collectibles ... I don't want to give away too much, but I think you will be proud to display them.
          You don't "Win" Scavenger Hunt, you survive Scavenger Hunt.

Comment

This isn't the slacker you're looking for. He can go about his business. Move along, move along.

<.<

>.>

Been really busy with con planning and whatnot. Many missed messages.

I look forward to your contributions!
            Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Working...
            X