Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon 21 5K.

Hey All

So Defcon just isn't intense enough. The long hours, partying till you're ridiculous, intense tech converstation. Let's add something else!

In that spirit.

At 0500 hours Saturday the 3rd meet up at the front of the Rio (Taxi Area) for one of these three options:

1: Cab-Out Run-Back: We pile into a cab and head out to location X and run back. I was thinking the Wynn, or the Alexis Park. We'll have to take some twists and turns to create 5K but I'll pre-run to make sure it's possible. Pro: You're running home Con: Cost
    2: Run-out Run-Back: We meet up at the taxi stand and run out to the Vegas strip, run around a little and run back. Pro: Cheaper Con: See the same thing twice.
    3: This is stupid AMFYOYO

I have to do some event sizing so I will consider a option one or two an RSVP and will do roll call to see who didn't show.
    BTW: I'm going to do one of these either way.

Bonus Points: If you run with a ruck.
    Bonus Bonus Points: If you run with a ruck full of cold beer.
    Cab-Out Run-Back
    28.57%
    Run-Out Run-Back
    42.86%
    AMFYOYO
    28.57%
    Last edited by Agent X; July 10, 2013, 12:33.
    AMFYOYO

Re: Defcon 21 5K.

Originally posted by Agent X View Post
    Hey All

So Defcon just isn't intense enough. The long hours, partying till your ridiculous, intense tech converstation. Let's add something else!

In that spirit.

At 0500 hours .
    Nope. https://twitpic.com/d1xe2w

Ps. *You're
    "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
      Nope. https://twitpic.com/d1xe2w

Ps. *You're

What she who must be obeyed said!!
      DaKahuna

Comment

Well we got 4 fine folks, already voted in...even though Nikita is try to hate down on our running joy!
        AMFYOYO

Comment

The first ever DefCon 5K was actually pretty good. We had only one shower, instead of 4 and he wasn't even told about the event until a day or two before. The being said "The Attorney" that did show is pretty awesome. We set out just after 5, running out and over the strip, up to the Venetian on the West side, then down to the Cosmopolitan on the East. We returned in front of the Bellagio then took a left at Caesar's. Good continuous movement with only 2 or 3 stops for traffic.
          By the numbers:
          3.93 miles run
          Avg Pace was 13 minutes.
          number of solicitations by prostitutes: 6.
          number of LEO passed: 5.
          number of drunks avoided: 10
          number of groups of bro's sharing a special moment at dawn while dressed up, drinking from ghetto coolers: 2
          AMFYOYO

Comment

Working...
          X