Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest

Hey All!
    I've had a few DM's on Twitter regarding the contest so I thought I would post here. While in the past I had a significant hand in preparing and running the NFPC contest, I no longer work for the company that sponsored the contest and they've made it clear that I won't be associated with the contest in the future. A bunch of people left after me, so there are only a few people left who could pull the contest off. I'd be surprised if they got a contest together, and with no posts here I'm beginning to wonder, but they have a whole month to put something together!

Maybe this post will get them to let us know if the NFPC is coming back or not. :)

@Trisk3t

Re: Contest

Originally posted by Triskt View Post
    Hey All!
    I've had a few DM's on Twitter regarding the contest so I thought I would post here. While in the past I had a significant hand in preparing and running the NFPC contest, I no longer work for the company that sponsored the contest and they've made it clear that I won't be associated with the contest in the future. A bunch of people left after me, so there are only a few people left who could pull the contest off. I'd be surprised if they got a contest together, and with no posts here I'm beginning to wonder, but they have a whole month to put something together!

Maybe this post will get them to let us know if the NFPC is coming back or not. :)

@Trisk3t
    They are listed here: http://defcne.net/e/21

This says they have an ok to run and allocation of DEF CON resources from Pyr0.

Related: I've been contacted by someone ( Sherri UID=32256 ) who was trying to post an update on this contest, but had not access because their forum account was in the "forced lurking period." After an OK from Pyr0 and an agreement form them on costs in me making an exception, they agreed and their account access should give them access to post something here.

I believe they have all the the access they need to post something here, and it is possible they could post something today, but that is only a guess.

Hope this helps,
    -Cot

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post

This says they have an ok to run and allocation of DEF CON resources from Pyr0.

Related: I've been contacted by someone ( Sherri UID=32256 ) who was trying to post an update on this contest, but had not access because their forum account was in the "forced lurking period." After an OK from Pyr0 and an agreement form them on costs in me making an exception, they agreed and their account access should give them access to post something here.

I believe they have all the the access they need to post something here, and it is possible they could post something today, but that is only a guess.

Hope this helps,
      -Cot
      Yes! It seems I have impeccable timing, and I didn't realize there was a new site for contests this year. Well then, forgive my naysaying, the contest LIVES!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post

Thanks CotMan! We're all set. Buy you beers in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Triskt View Post
          Yes! It seems I have impeccable timing, and I didn't realize there was a new site for contests this year. Well then, forgive my naysaying, the contest LIVES!
          Oh we're BACK! This year's contest is our best yet. Featuring:

- Blackhole Exploit Kit 2 infection traffic
          - VOIP (SIP) traffic
          - GPS data
          - Android filesystem dump (yep, it's more than just network forensics!)
          - MMS video messaging
          ... and more!

Checkit out:

http://defcne.net/e/21/nfpc

Comment

Working...
          X