Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Qualifications have started

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pre-Qualifications have started

    Teams have been sent their information to start the pre-qualification round. There is still time to sign up, but time is ticking.
    perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

  • #2
    Re: Pre-Qualifications have started

    Originally posted by krux View Post
    Teams have been sent their information to start the pre-qualification round. There is still time to sign up, but time is ticking.
    The info on compiler versions and how in/output is directed and the command line options used in diff are greatly appreciated. Voids the mind of questions like "What kind of whitespace is this expecting" etc...

    Now I just have to decide if I'm going to run through the problems sober or trashed

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pre-Qualifications have started

      Originally posted by pH_Boston View Post
      The info on compiler versions and how in/output is directed and the command line options used in diff are greatly appreciated. Voids the mind of questions like "What kind of whitespace is this expecting" etc...

      Now I just have to decide if I'm going to run through the problems sober or trashed
      The compiler versions are on the "problems" tab once you log into the site.

      Your output gets fed to the stdin of:
      diff -wBb - correct_output_file

      Input and output are stdin and stdout on all programs. If your program returns a code other than 0 then it doesn't get graded.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pre-Qualifications have started

        Sorry for the confusion, what I mean was a big THANK YOU for putting that info when you first log onto the site

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pre-Qualifications have started

          Originally posted by pH_Boston View Post
          Sorry for the confusion, what I mean was a big THANK YOU for putting that info when you first log onto the site
          Not a problem. It's hard enough not being able to see the results and only getting a pass/fail. That said, Gigs (or anyone else for that matter), if you think of a good way to provide a bit more detail on submission results without giving away the farm, let me know. Right now it tells you if it failed to compile, and how many test cases you passed or not.
          perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pre-Qualifications have started

            Originally posted by krux View Post
            Not a problem. It's hard enough not being able to see the results and only getting a pass/fail. That said, Gigs (or anyone else for that matter), if you think of a good way to provide a bit more detail on submission results without giving away the farm, let me know. Right now it tells you if it failed to compile, and how many test cases you passed or not.
            We could give them the stderr but they are too clever for us to do that. :)

            I think the best we could do is give them the system return code, I believe we don't capture that right now, only whether it was non-zero or not. They could use that for some very general debugging without being able to grab the test cases from us through it (I guess we'd notice if they were encoding the entire input 1 byte at a time into return codes heh)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pre-Qualifications have started

              I've modified the grader to give teams a little more feedback. If one test case times out, because, say, you used an n-factorial algorithm written in frink, completely hypothetical of course, it will now tell you that a specific test number that timed out.
              The tests are run in numerical order, so if it says that test 3 timed out, then your program did at least complete on one and two.

              It will also tell you non-zero return codes, so you can use that for rough debugging of code paths.

              I've completed an algorithm that we can run on the input programs to tell whether they will terminate or not, so we can get rid of the timeout. The edit box of this forum is too narrow to contain it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Pre-Qualifications have started

                Originally posted by Gigs View Post
                I've modified the grader to give teams a little more feedback. If one test case times out, because, say, you used an n-factorial algorithm written in frink, completely hypothetical of course, it will now tell you that a specific test number that timed out.
                The tests are run in numerical order, so if it says that test 3 timed out, then your program did at least complete on one and two.

                It will also tell you non-zero return codes, so you can use that for rough debugging of code paths.

                I've completed an algorithm that we can run on the input programs to tell whether they will terminate or not, so we can get rid of the timeout. The edit box of this forum is too narrow to contain it.
                Excellent. Also a note for those teams who were having issues during the pre-qualification round, we'll be taking that into account during scoring.
                perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Pre-Qualifications have started

                  I should donate a prize for "special achievement in O(n!) algorithms.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Pre-Qualifications have started

                    Originally posted by Gigs View Post
                    I should donate a prize for "special achievement in O(n!) algorithms.
                    I want to rerun that problem, just to see how long that solution would take to finish.
                    perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X