Sprint coverage at the Rio/LV in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint coverage at the Rio/LV in general

This will be the first year I have Sprint out at DEF CON, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with how it worked last year at the Rio? Last year we relied on my wife's T-mobile phone for everything (plus Ninjatel), as my at&t phone was useless for most of the time.
    Aut disce aut discede

Re: Sprint coverage at the Rio/LV in general

Haven't had an issue with Sprint out in Vegas in years, 3G/WiMax coverage is pretty solid, though LTE is pretty much non-existent.
    "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

didn't have any issues last year at all with sprint

Comment

I had problems last year at the con with sprint. It could have been the HTC evo and not the carrier.

Comment

Great feedback, I won't worry about a backup then. Thanks!
          Aut disce aut discede

Comment

General Sprint coverage for me sucked balls in LV. Yet all networks tend to blow @ DC / Rio. It's one saving grace was the "4G" WiMax as a hotspot in the room so you don't have to pay thru the nose for shitty hotel wifi.

Comment

There's Sprint LTE by the airport and that's about it and even then it's pretty shitty.

Comment

I was out in LV a few months back with Verizon ATT and Sprint. overall my sprint device had 3G coverage all across the Strip 4G was a bit spotty unless you were a few floors up.

GPS coverage was crap but was useful for hacking portals in ingress :)
                $search = Get-Droids | Where{$_ -notnear $jedi} ` If($search -eq $null){Move-Along}

Comment

Working...
                X