Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife wants to help out -- who should she talk to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife wants to help out -- who should she talk to?

Hi all,
    I know this is sorta last minute, but my wife would like to lend a hand at the CON. The swag booth can have some pretty long lines at times, so she thought that would be a good place to start. She's open to other ideas.... just wants other things to do during the day. Who can I put her in contact with?

Re: My wife wants to help out -- who should she talk to?

What can she do? Does she have any skills from work? I'd say find a goon in a red shirt and offer assistance. It may be guiding traffic, hearding sheep, moving boxes, or just about anything you can imagine. A new volunteer is not likely going to be around money or product right off the bat. You need to earn your wings. Or you can find the person whose job you want and volunteer for them directly.

Comment

Re: My wife wants to help out -- who should she talk to?

Originally posted by astcell View Post
      What can she do? Does she have any skills from work? I'd say find a goon in a red shirt and offer assistance. It may be guiding traffic, hearding sheep, moving boxes, or just about anything you can imagine. A new volunteer is not likely going to be around money or product right off the bat. You need to earn your wings. Or you can find the person whose job you want and volunteer for them directly.
      Heh... true about the trust factor. :)

But yeah... she just wants to keep busy. I'll be she sure to have her talk to a goon right away this year.

I probably should know more about the behind the scenes stuff since I've been attending the CON since the Monte Carlo days. Every year I tell myself to be more social... maybe this year!

Comment

Working...
      X