Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Convention Suggestions, Complaints, Discussions RE Short Story Contest

Originally posted by number006 View Post
    That is really too bad. Most DEFCON 21 attendees don't even know there was a Short Story Contest (everyone I mentioned it to said they never heard of it). This year in the closing ceremonies they merely listed the winners of some contests, which didn't take much time - why cant this contest winners be listed on the screen for a brief mention, will take 30 seconds? And please also in the Program? Otherwise it will be an invisible contest.

A lot of contests aren't known by attendees. There are too many to keep track anymore. And loads of Defcon attendees do not bother with these forums. The Short Story Contest is a forum only contest, with mentions pre-Defcon on the Defcon main website, Twitter, and Facebook page. I am not sure what else Defcon can do to promote it beyond that.

I agree it is a shame the winners didn't make it into the schedule as promised and as planned but had no way to know that was going to happen or, personally, do anything about it. The program, this year, was a one off mistake. I am told that the person responsible for the mistake had his/her butt handed to him so I am guessing it won't happen again.

As for the Closing Ceremonies, just this year, for the first time, due to the increasing number of contests, the Contest Room had its own, separate Closing Ceremonies and Awards. If they do that next year, I am positive the Short Story contest can get worked in there for in person recognition.

If you have some suggestions for other ways to market the contest, do please put them here. I am open to any discussion of them.

Thank you.
    "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Re: Post Convention Suggestions, Complaints, Discussions RE Short Story Contest

Eris thanks for all your work running the contest.
    “I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.”

Comment

Re: Post Convention Suggestions, Complaints, Discussions RE Short Story Contest

Originally posted by number006 View Post
      Eris thanks for all your work running the contest.
      Oh you are very welcome. I hope my reply was helpful regarding your initial post.
      "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Working...
      X