Defcon 21 Tamper Evident Contest Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon 21 Tamper Evident Contest Results

I'd like to express my gratitude to the MFP's (char datagram jk mmca scorche) for creating the village and just being awesome. I simply couldn't have done the contest this year without them and they were a life saver.

It was a great year for the contest, everyone who participated had a blast. We simply had some amazing teams and came away with a few new defeats. Unfortunately, I don't have creds for the TE wiki or they would already be up. Dead Addict is working on that for me. I'd like to thank all of the contestants and encourage everyone to consider running a tamper evident contest at another CON. Mix it up and make it something special, I'd love to see in a few years a TE village and contest everywhere I go.

I was told in the contest area that the first place team this year has free human badges next year. I've emailed Pyr0 and we'll update the thread when I hear something back.

I'm not sure what's going to happen next year, maybe the MFP will take over the contest, we'll combine forces or another will create a new contest. I'd hope to have an answer in a few months.

-stits

http://imgur.com/e8xSdyp

Re: Defcon 21 Tamper Evident Contest Results

Great work by all of the teams and job well done to the winners. Hopefully the tamper village encouraged more of you to train up and compete in next year's contest!

dg
    [mfp]

Comment

Originally posted by stits View Post
      is there any explanation about the scoring of this chart?
      i'm just trying to learn from our mistakes//

Comment

Originally posted by LadyChaos View Post
        is there any explanation about the scoring of this chart?
        i'm just trying to learn from our mistakes//
        Sure, per the original forum post it's a combination of the three judges scores who used the LANL system to rate the various defeats.

For example:
        -1 = Failed to attempt
        0 = Completely obvious seal break
        1 = Arm's length the seal appears intact
        2 = Under close inspection the seal appears intact
        3 = While reviewing further the seal and possibly pealing it back or opening it there is no sign of tampering.
        4 = Complete success, it was as if they had applied it themselves and at no point could they find a sign of tampering and only by seeing photographic evidence know that it was in fact tampered with.

PM me for specifics about your team.
        Last edited by stits; August 11, 2013, 21:09.

Comment

Working...
        X