Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw this in the Defcon 21 lounge and didnt know what it was....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this in the Defcon 21 lounge and didnt know what it was....

Does anyone know what this is? I have no idea but thought it looked sort of cool. Not sure if this was just prerecorded cgi or if this was an actual tool.....

Pardon my noobness...

Re: Saw this in the Defcon 21 lounge and didnt know what it was....

I don't think it was this, but it really reminded me of the Defcon video game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON_%28video_game%29 - similar graphics

Comment

I believe this was at the Contest Area, the background wallpaper of the Warl0ck Gam3z web UI.

Comment

Originally posted by mootz View Post
        I believe this was at the Contest Area, the background wallpaper of the Warl0ck Gam3z web UI.

I just contacted Warl0ck Gam3z and they deny it was them. (But their interest is now peaked too)

It definitely reminds me of the game DEFCON as well, but the cgi was pretty cool.

Wish someone would chime in with the authoritative answer :)

Comment

Originally posted by nut View Post
          I just contacted Warl0ck Gam3z and they deny it was them. (But their interest is now peaked too)

It definitely reminds me of the game DEFCON as well, but the cgi was pretty cool.

Wish someone would chime in with the authoritative answer :)
          Per @coda_me, it was Anticlockwise's Realtime data visualization of cyber attacks

http://codame.com/post/57295861562/c...an-interactive
          Last edited by Tribalsoul; August 14, 2013, 05:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Tribalsoul View Post
            Per @coda_me, it was Anticlockwise's Realtime data visualization of cyber attacks

http://a.devb.us/13Iuxlj
            It would be awesome if this was still available to view online...

Comment

http://a.devb.us/13Iuxlj
              Please do not use link-shortened URL to forum posts, as they can hide the true destination, or several layers of redirectors, with any layer of redirection including "drive-by download" or other malware.

Please paste in the full URL, even if it is really, really long.

Thanks!

Manually started HTTP session with your link shortener to yeild:

HTH,
              -Cot

P.S. Why is this important? We have websites indexing *.defcon.org content, and some have found presentations that discuss malware with proof-of-concept payload-free examples as text to match filtering rules for "malware" even though they are not, and this gets servers in the defcon.org domain blocked by some layer7 firewalls. If shortened URL contain redirectors through drive-by download, then links from our site to those sites could bump our score with systems using heuristics to decide which domains/hosts to block, and which to let through a firewall or filter.

P.S.S. I understand a desire to get statistics, but you can do this with your long URL and append something like, "?SOURCE=forum.defcon.org" or replace the "?" with a "&" if already included earlier in the URL and scrape your logs. Also, you could use the "referrer" information from clients that give this to you. Sure, some clients generate bogus referring information, but that is also a source of useful statistics. I know log processing isn't as "sexy" as hacker/maker/artwork fusion, but it is an opportunity for someone to explore with the group hosting the site.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                Please do not use link-shortened URL to forum posts, as they can hide the true destination, or several layers of redirectors, with any layer of redirection including "drive-by download" or other malware.

Please paste in the full URL, even if it is really, really long.

Thanks!

Manually started HTTP session with your link shortener to yeild:

HTH,
                -Cot
                Sorry man. Was a copy and paste of a tweet while I was at work. I've got no affiliation with Codame, just the A&E staff. Remind me and I'll get you a beer next year.

Comment

Sorry man. Was a copy and paste of a tweet while I was at work. I've got no affiliation with Codame, just the A&E staff. Remind me and I'll get you a beer next year.
                  Don't worry about the mistake... It is a rule to not paste shortened URL, but I have not been banning people for breaking it so far, just informing them about the risks associated with it, and asking them to stop doing it. It does not happen very often, but is more common now because of twitter.

Thanks!
                  -Cot

Comment

I've seen that before. Basically just a Gif that shows a wargames type scenario. Forget where you get it though... :(

Comment

Oh nice! I was looking for this as well, indeed I remember watching it at the Chillout Lounge. I lost a couple of stuff on my return flight and one of the things I lost was the notebook where I jotted down who did what

BTW, TSA didn't re-lock my luggage and one of my DEFCON coffee cups came out broken. Maybe I should've used better padding?
                      "Programming in Visual Basic is like making a building out of LEGOs. Use C, the king of programming languages!"

0x029A
                      The number of the Beast!

Comment

Originally posted by danix View Post
                        Oh nice! I was looking for this as well, indeed I remember watching it at the Chillout Lounge. I lost a couple of stuff on my return flight and one of the things I lost was the notebook where I jotted down who did what
                        BTW, TSA didn't re-lock my luggage and one of my DEFCON coffee cups came out broken. Maybe I should've used better padding?
                        That really sucks. When I've brought home glassware/etc previously, I've always wrapped them in multiple tshirts/clothing and secured with rubber bands. HackerStickers.com has all the DEF CON merch that was left over, you might can find another one there.
                        Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Working...
                        X