Nikita says DEF CON Forum meet will return to DEF CON 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikita says DEF CON Forum meet will return to DEF CON 22

Nikita says DEF CON Forum meet will return to DEF CON 22 : https://forum.defcon.org/showthread....l=1#post130092

Forum Description: (same as last year, but may be changed if Nikita wants it changed)
    Originally posted by description
    An informal gathering of people on the forums at Defcon.

Re: Nikita says DEF CON Forum meet will return to DEF CON 22

Any updates on the forum meet this year?
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

It will happen Friday night. Time and location still TBD
      "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar View Post
        It will happen Friday night. Time and location still TBD
        Well, Nikita just better step it up this year. I look forward to her ATTEMPT at topping the ball pit. It was one of the best defcon party on Friday night so hopefully they have the budget to make it even more Epic this year... The Gauntlet has been thrown down, Nikita... Let's see what you've got.
        And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
          Well, Nikita just better step it up this year. I look forward to her ATTEMPT at topping the ball pit. It was one of the best defcon party on Friday night so hopefully they have the budget to make it even more Epic this year... The Gauntlet has been thrown down, Nikita... Let's see what you've got.
          Highwiz, you should show up and make sure people are having an even better time than last year. I suggest vaporized Soma or Focusyn with fog machines. Also? Dancing. Maybe bring two inflatable "dolls" one "man" and one "woman" filled with helium and encourage people to choose one as a partner. If they are too timid, let them know the doll can lead.

Comment

I will be at con this year. Maybe a Creative Writing Short Story contest author reading?
            "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
              Highwiz, you should show up and make sure people are having an even better time than last year. I suggest vaporized Soma or Focusyn with fog machines. Also? Dancing. Maybe bring two inflatable "dolls" one "man" and one "woman" filled with helium and encourage people to choose one as a partner. If they are too timid, let them know the doll can lead.
              HighWiz, I'd desire... twerking. Lot of twerking. HighWiz twerking to dubstep and/or Miley Cyrus. Maybe throw in some Justin Beiber for good measure. That will balance out of the awesomeness of the goon band that played the party last year... ;)

Nikita will indeed have a very tough time throwing an even more incredible party than last year. The ball pit and live concert was a great success. The whole event was lovely, so thanks Nikita! :D

But back to my absurd expansion of TheCotMan's obviously satirical suggestion(s), I would like Quaaludes, Adderall, MDMA, and/or Provigil (or Nuvigil...) in the fog machine, since we all known Soma and Focusyn don't really exist. As long as there is no Spetznaz grade knock-out gas (a derivative of Fentanyl, very deadly, used by special forces against the terrorists (and killed 100+ hostages in the proces) in the Moscow Theater Hostage Crisis...), because then we would need lots of Narcan (Naloxone, I think is the international name) because it is the antidote. And yes, I know Quaaludes are very difficult to find these days, or at least that is what I have been told. Dancing is fine, but it must be twerking or something similiarly horrible. And as for the blow-up dolls, only if they have dongs. As 303 has taught me: Dongs. Everything is better with dongs. And besides, when they come to [the forum meet], dicks are for my friends. Kinda like this very ADHD-ish punk-industrial music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI3kOCjZ2TM

Short story contest reading sounds like a good idea if there are no major objections. We could also try something new, like... a rap battle event, karaoke event, slam poetry event. DefCon 22 should see the start of a new Forum Meet tradition... but besides all the crazy stuff I suggested above, I can't think of anything!

Comment

So for the first time in many long, long years, I am unscheduled at a Defcon. This means I may not be as overly drunk or overly tired as I usually am and can actually attend some events rather than being in the contest room almost 24/7.

I hope to be at the forum meet and maybe finally meet some of you.

Hey, Nikita, or whomever, are we doing the personalized name badges again this year? Mine is just gonna be an apple. If people can't figure that out, they aren't as smart as they think they are I guess.

ERIS(this means something)
                "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

I am unable to stay for the entire forum meet but i do like to pop in and catch up with folks as best I can. Hope to see you there Eris!

Comment

I'll be there as semi-usual. Although I don't really remember that much of the party last year. I may or may not have passed out drunk in the ball pit while bobbing for glow sticks.
                    There are techs that solve problems and there are techs that call other techs to solve problems.
                    Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X