CiscoCoon says Hacker War Games to return to DEF CON 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CiscoCoon says Hacker War Games to return to DEF CON 22

CiscoCoon says Hacker War Games to return to DEF CON 22: https://forum.defcon.org/showthread....l=1#post130128

Forum Description:
    Originally posted by Description
    "Tactical Soldier Warfare" meets the "Defcon Shoot". Returns as an unofficial event from last year.
    Last year this took places out at the DEF CON Shoot, Pre-DEF CON.

Re: SiscoCoon says Hacker War Games to return to DEF CON 22

Yep..... "Hacker War Games" will be back. Bigger and Better! Depending on what I can get me hands on for prizes there may be some very nice prizes (Free DC22 badge). I'm still planning things out right now and things will change depending on what I get get my hands on for prizes so I can't say anything for sure. The contest is free for anyone that has there own gun and ammo same as it was last year. And depending on ammo and how many want too, I may allow anyone to use my 1911 (45ACP) to shoot with for the contest (well anyone can if they have the ammo I just may not be able to get my hands on enough for everyone). I will at least have a 22LR for everyone to use if they want. Just let me know what kind of ideas and suggestions you all have and I'll see what I can do.

TheSiscoCoon

Comment

Re: CiscoCoon says Hacker War Games to return to DEF CON 22

Firing from different positions (kneeling, prone) may be fun.

I'd like to see a full auto option, even if you're docked points for shooting too many times.

Comment

is there going to be stages? kind of like an IDPA match? or possibly a 2-gun match? just some suggestions.

Comment

I wasn't able to make it to the shoot last year, so I didn't get to see this contest. I've never been to an IDPA or IPSC match, but I would be interested in trying this contest. Are there any more details on what will be involved?

Comment

I stumbled across this while looking at all the events, but you might want to link to it from within the Unofficial Shoot threads.

Holsters or not, and is it handgun only? For someone already planning on stocking a lane with toys for non-shooters, how long is an individual's time investment in the event? I'd love to try it, but have to babysit my lane (and hopefully distribute shoot shirts).

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
              I stumbled across this while looking at all the events, but you might want to link to it from within the Unofficial Shoot threads.

Holsters or not, and is it handgun only? For someone already planning on stocking a lane with toys for non-shooters, how long is an individual's time investment in the event? I'd love to try it, but have to babysit my lane (and hopefully distribute shoot shirts).
              TheCiscoCoon: If you start a thread in DEFCON Shoot called "Hacker War Games at the DEF CON Shoot" with info about it, I'll move it to this forum as a link. This will yield1 thread of that topic but 2 places to find it.
              Last edited by TheCotMan; May 14, 2014, 07:46.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                TheCiscoCoon: If you start a thread in DEFCON Shoot called "Hacker War Games at the DEF CON Shoot" with info about it, I'll move it to this forum as a link. This will yield1 thread of that topic but 2 places to find it.
                Thanks TheCotMan, I've been out of town for a little bit so I haven't gotten the chance to check the forum. I'll write something up to put in the DC Shoot forum soon.

For everyone else's questions:

I'm not exactly sure how the pros setup matches so I can't say much on that matter. I can say this, what I have seen, those matches are setup on a piece of land designed for there rules. This Contest/Match is setup on a changing piece of land and there for things have to be changed. Also I set the course up more for what you may have to do in a actual fire fight so the rules are pretty simple. If your in a fight for your life there pretty much are no rules other than your basic safety rules (don't shoot yourself or anyone else that isn't trying to kill you).

Soon I'll post more details on the rules and equipment you will need to bring with you. Don't worry there isn't much you need to bring.

For a full auto target(s) I may add a target or two that are give aways for you to shoot with no points given or taken (I'll think about that and will get back with you on it).

The Contest does not take long for a person to do. Last year it was about a total of 5mins or so and most of that was me going over the rules, it really only look about 2mins to run and shoot the targets. I also have it setup before the DC Shoot Event starts so if you get there early enough you can shoot the course before the DC Shoot even starts.

There WILL be 2 different classes like last year. Hand Gun & Long Gun. Each class will be scored separately, however there will be at the end of the course somewhere where you will use MY Bolt Action 7.62NATO to do a long Sniper shot! You will not have the option of using ANY of your guns for that 1 target. The idea behind that is to be able to use someone else's gun that your are unfamiliar with and shoot it accurately. Which could happen to you in a REAL Fire Fight if something happens to your gun or you don't have one at that time.

There WILL be at least ONE free entry to DefCon given away for this Contest! There MAY be 2 DC22 badges given away at this contest, I will have more info on that later.

If anyone has any other questions please post them here, email them to me (The_Sisco_Coon@yahoo.com), or PM me on here.

Thanks,
                TheSiscoCoon

Comment

Working...
                X