Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IE VS ISP help..........help with keyloggers password recovery, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE VS ISP help..........help with keyloggers password recovery, etc.

hey im new so deal. i use a ISP similar to AOL. i doesn't not allow

the use of IE which i need for P2P ,etc. any way i can get around

this? my belief is that because my parental control setting is not

General, the browser automatically blocks all use of IE. any help

on how to A. gain access to the master account B. get around

the automatic IE block or C. change settings on Kazaa or other

P2P to get around IE block.would be greatly appreciated.

Re: IE VS ISP help..........help with keyloggers password recovery, etc.

Are you able to install anything, or are the system policies not allowing you to do so? If you can install something try installing another browser such as mozilla, or opera.

Which operating system are you using?
    Which version of IE are you using?
    Are you able to bypass your proxy settings that are in IE's connection configuration wizard?

Please provide more details.

Comment

more details

ok im using windows 98 SE im using IE 5.5 and i dont really know how to correctly set proxy. i am allowed to reset the proxy setting however. and yes i can download most programs. but when i try to run things like kazaa i wont find the server. when i used to use netzero it let me use IE to run programs. by the way thanks for the help, this is my first year in CISCO and A+ s im still learning to do stuff.

Comment

Re: more details

Originally posted by opivy86
        ok im using windows 98 SE im using IE 5.5 and i dont really know how to correctly set proxy. i am allowed to reset the proxy setting however. and yes i can download most programs. but when i try to run things like kazaa i wont find the server. when i used to use netzero it let me use IE to run programs.
        Ok, if the proxy is blocking your destination site, use another proxy. Here is a nice one:
        JAP
        http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

After installing set your IE proxy settings to localhost:4001 (default) and you should be set, if you cannot set your proxy settings Tools->Internet Options->Connections->Lan Settings [proxy server] then you may want to download an alternative browser and change the proxy settings to use JAP.

*For informational and educational purposes only

Comment

bw, i still think that sometimes you can be "too nice"....

i would have shut 'em down after the text "parental control setting".

this act of selflessness has been noted in your permanent record.

;)
          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

But honestly...when does BW ever get mad? He just ever so calmly tries to help the guy out and says nothing about his ignorance. I would have flamed him myself, but now that I think about it, we were all comparible to that about something at one point, and it was extremly helpful when people tried to help. So, BW you have done your good deed for the day, you can now run in front of a bus (don't try it) and the bus will miss you because of your exceptional Karma.
            Where's the dedication?

Comment

Working...
            X